Need custom work? Register your interest here.

Welcome to DevFuse Forums

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to DevFuse Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of DevFuse Forums by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

(View All Products)Featured Products

• Donation Tracker

Help fund your forum with donations, setup goals and track member donations. Offer rewards for members donating.
  • Timeslip System

Have your members submit their race times and share with others. Intergrates with our Garage System.
  • Videos System

Allows your members to submit their own videos for community viewing. Support is included for all the major video sites.
  • Garage System

Setup a community Garage when members add their own vehicles with images and modifications.
  • Form Manager

Build your own forms for your members without coding experience. Support included for pm, email and topics.
  • Collections System

Build a community database of items for your members. Full features custom fields included.

Photo

DevFuse - 5 Year Anniversary

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Michael

Michael

Management

• Management
  • 3,288 posts
  • IP.Board Version:IPB 3.4.x

Posted 06 October 2010 - 09:39 PM

It's a belated anniversary but none the less a significant one. I was just updating my profile and noticed the joined date of late September 2005. Although I maybe cheating in counting the original InvisionFuse it's been 5 years since I started my own IPB resources site, with the original domain being registered 20th September 2005.

A couple months before that on the 10th July 2005. I released my first mod, the Guest Message for IPB2.0. These were the days before fancy hooks or applications. This mod contained a simple html readme file (I was ahead of the times and the use of text files :tongue: ), an xml settings file to upload and a file edit to the good old sources/boards.php file.

I've been modding IPB through v2.0 to v3.1 for around 6 years now, over a quarter of my life and have enjoyed it immensely. I want to thank all those board owners who have used and supported my mods. :) With your continued support I look forward to the next 5 years.

Edit: I'm curious as to when you guys first came across IPB?

Keep up to date with DevFuse mod development and releases. 2ze9ngh.jpg 53qo7q.png 2r7m3v9.png 2lkwa4w.jpg 24wfq0z.png

#2 Loren

Loren

Advanced Member

• Customers
  • 63 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 10:11 PM

It's a belated anniversary but none the less a significant one. I was just updating my profile and noticed the joined date of late September 2005. Although I maybe cheating in counting the original InvisionFuse it's been 5 years since I started my own IPB resources site, with the original domain being registered 20th September 2005.

A couple months before that on the 10th July 2005. I released my first mod, the Guest Message for IPB2.0. These were the days before fancy hooks or applications. This mod contained a simple html readme file (I was ahead of the times and the use of text files :tongue: ), an xml settings file to upload and a file edit to the good old sources/boards.php file.

I've been modding IPB through v2.0 to v3.1 for around 6 years now, over a quarter of my life and have enjoyed it immensely. I want to thank all those board owners who have used and supported my mods. :) With your continued support I look forward to the next 5 years.

Edit: I'm curious as to when you guys first came across IPB?

Congrats on the anniversary!

I found IPB in May 2003 - bought it in June 2003. IPB was version 1.0.
We've come a long way...

Edited by Loren, 06 October 2010 - 10:12 PM.

Loren

#3 snookputt

snookputt

• Customers
  • 26 posts
  • IP.Board Version:IPB 3.2.x

Posted 07 October 2010 - 12:27 AM

Congratulations Michael, been a member of your site since the early days, 2005/6 :thumbsup:

#4 Nightwisher

Nightwisher

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Interests:Music, Web Things, Knowlege

Posted 07 October 2010 - 01:41 AM

Congratulations Michael !

Also thanks for great mods !

#5 ismadman

ismadman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts
  • IP.Board Version:IPB 2.3.x

Posted 08 October 2010 - 12:20 AM

Happy 5th Mike ! Gotta say I'm still on IPB 2.3.6 on our main site and 90% of our mods are yours .
Never have a problem with any of them and you have always gone out of your way to help if we want them
modified in any way ( *cough* which has been almost every one lol *cough* )
And who doesn't like a Mod that is a 1-2-3 process instead of ....FIND ....Replace hahahaaaa .
Hats off mate and hope you go until IPB is in the grave .
Cheers mate
Kev

#6 DawPi

DawPi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • IP.Board Version:IPB 3.0.x

Posted 08 October 2010 - 04:25 PM

Best wishes Mike! :)
Dawid Pieron
intermedia - owner, developer and ip.board modder
Need custom mod, conversion service, any ip.board related job or support for any of my paid mods or services?
www | mail | facebook | twitter | buy licence

#7 AndyF

AndyF

Advanced Member

• Customers
  • 50 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 07:18 AM

Congrats :)

#8 Michael

Michael

Management

• Management
  • 3,288 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 10:01 PM

Thanks everyone :)

Keep up to date with DevFuse mod development and releases. 2ze9ngh.jpg 53qo7q.png 2r7m3v9.png 2lkwa4w.jpg 24wfq0z.png

#9 Breadfan

Breadfan

Elite Member

• Customers
  • 104 posts
  • IP.Board Version:IPB 3.2.x

Posted 10 October 2010 - 07:35 AM

Congrats on the 5th anniversary! :)
I used to be a staff member at Ikonboard (before Invision Power) and then moved to IPB, some 5-6 years ago.
Croatian multigaming clan *NOB* Mrcine
Posted Image

#10 polaris

polaris

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • IP.Board Version:IPB 3.0.x

Posted 10 October 2010 - 01:19 PM

Way to go :)

Heres to the next 5 :cool:

#11 Computer Candy

Computer Candy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 02:29 AM

Indeed, congrats! (though, late) You do fantastic work!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users