DevFuse Forums
Michael

DevFuse - 5 Year Anniversary

It's a belated anniversary but none the less a significant one. I was just updating my profile and noticed the joined date of late September 2005. Although I maybe cheating in counting the original InvisionFuse it's been 5 years since I started my own IPB resources site, with the original domain being registered 20th September 2005.

A couple months before that on the 10th July 2005. I released my first mod, the Guest Message for IPB2.0. These were the days before fancy hooks or applications. This mod contained a simple html readme file (I was ahead of the times and the use of text files :tongue: ), an xml settings file to upload and a file edit to the good old sources/boards.php file.

I've been modding IPB through v2.0 to v3.1 for around 6 years now, over a quarter of my life and have enjoyed it immensely. I want to thank all those board owners who have used and supported my mods. :) With your continued support I look forward to the next 5 years.

Edit: I'm curious as to when you guys first came across IPB?

It's a belated anniversary but none the less a significant one. I was just updating my profile and noticed the joined date of late September 2005. Although I maybe cheating in counting the original InvisionFuse it's been 5 years since I started my own IPB resources site, with the original domain being registered 20th September 2005.

A couple months before that on the 10th July 2005. I released my first mod, the Guest Message for IPB2.0. These were the days before fancy hooks or applications. This mod contained a simple html readme file (I was ahead of the times and the use of text files :tongue: ), an xml settings file to upload and a file edit to the good old sources/boards.php file.

I've been modding IPB through v2.0 to v3.1 for around 6 years now, over a quarter of my life and have enjoyed it immensely. I want to thank all those board owners who have used and supported my mods. :) With your continued support I look forward to the next 5 years.

Edit: I'm curious as to when you guys first came across IPB?

Congrats on the anniversary!

I found IPB in May 2003 - bought it in June 2003. IPB was version 1.0.

We've come a long way...

Edited by Loren

Happy 5th Mike ! Gotta say I'm still on IPB 2.3.6 on our main site and 90% of our mods are yours .

Never have a problem with any of them and you have always gone out of your way to help if we want them

modified in any way ( *cough* which has been almost every one lol *cough* )

And who doesn't like a Mod that is a 1-2-3 process instead of ....FIND ....Replace hahahaaaa .

Hats off mate and hope you go until IPB is in the grave .

Cheers mate

Kev