DevFuse Forums

IPB3 Garage System v3.0.0

Michael

• Management

One more....(I know, I'm needy :))

Would it be possible to add an option to move the tabs around? If you have a custom tab for, say options, it would be nice to be able to move that over next to the main tab. Does that make sense?

A way to order the position of the tabs? Or the option to move the custom fields into the "Main" tab?

A way to order the position of the tabs? Or the option to move the custom fields into the "Main" tab?

How about both? There is some information that I'd like to include on the main tab that has the year, make & model, so it would be fantastic to have the option to move custom fields into that tab.

Completely separate of that, it would be great to also be able to re-order or re-position the tabs. Some of the custom tabs that I'm adding make more sense to be positioned over next to the main tab. I hope that makes sense.

If I had to choose between the 2, the ability to move custom fields into other tabs is more important than moving tabs around.

Edited by hawksfan

I'd really like for Garage to have a limited list of vehicle models because of all the spelling mistakes... and the ability to go through the database more easily (e.g. put cars in order by category or model so I can find the "Others")

PS> Let me clarify a bit. I'm dealing with at least 150 different model names now so it would be nice to have dropdowns by make with some relatively easy way to set it up. Or maybe a "spell check" warning that would vet the entries and warn people and perhaps moderators of violations.

Moved to current discussion topic about Garage System v3. Michael

Edited by Michael

• 2 weeks later...
  • Management

Finished the ajax rating today. The next few days I'll be working on linked make/model dropdowns. I'm hoping to include a tool so you can generate a make/model database based on the makes and models members have already added.

Finished the ajax rating today. The next few days I'll be working on linked make/model dropdowns. I'm hoping to include a tool so you can generate a make/model database based on the makes and models members have already added.

:thumbsup: I'm ready to beta test when are (or even alpha).

• 2 weeks later...

Very much it would be desirable to see statistics by criteria of the spent money, on viewings, quantity of updatings, a rating and so on. As it is necessary, that at viewing of the list of cars in options of the manager it was possible to choose sorting of the list according to viewings, a rating...

Thank you for your hard work Michael.

I'm hoping that you make this optional? There are those of us using this for something other than cars & I don't want to be locked in to a database that has nothing to do with what I want to use this for.

Thanks!

• Management

Good to see this moving forward, do you have a time line for when you expect a release to be available? Thanks :)

Not currently, I'll have one as I move closer to a beta.

Thank you for your hard work Michael.

I'm hoping that you make this optional? There are those of us using this for something other than cars & I don't want to be locked in to a database that has nothing to do with what I want to use this for.

Thanks!

Yes, will be optional for those who want to just enter and those you want selectable lists.

Cool, you Da Man.

One more idea regarding custom fields. Right now if you have custom fields that a person doesn't add an entry to, it shows the entry as "Not Available". Would it be possible for those fields to auto-hide if it doesn't have an entry?

• Management

hello, I wanted to know if it is possible to move the Social Bookmarks v1.0.1 in the maintitle

Post this in the relevant support topic, this topic has nothing to do with the social bookmarks mod.

I sent this in via the feedback form, but figured I'd post it here since you linked me to the topic.

These are observations made as a user on an automotive forum who has the Garage System. I am also an owner/admin of another automotive forum and a potential customer if version 3 contains more of these features.

The garage page doesn't appear to be tied to your profile in any way. This would be a nice feature. Otherwise you have to rely on everyone to put a link to their page in their profile themselves. (usually a problem with many not so computer inclined users)

This problem is further complicated by the fact that if you click on someone's name within their vehicle page, it will take you to their list of vehicles. If you click on their name on their vehicle list page, it brings you to their list of vehicles. To talk to someone directly about their car, I had to leave the garage and search for the username - then PM them.

If someone comments on the vehicle, the owner receives no notification.

There is no way to reply to a comment, which should notify the original poster of such reply.

When someone commented on my vehicle, I responded by adding a comment. Once this comment was in place, I realized a typo that made it sound really stupid. There is no way to edit your own comment once its in place. It also doesn't give me the option to leave another comment now, which I could have done to explain the first one's mistakes.

Thanks, and looking forward to further development. Keep up the great work here!

• 4 weeks later...
  • Management

Worked on a new navigation today (pic below), I've moved the garage stats to below the navigation, it was taking up a large part of the garage before for essentially only several characters of information. The new detailed statistics page has also been added.

Also just finished a default image feature, so members can set a default image for their vehicle, this image will then be the default thumbnail when displayed with that vehicle. For those upgrading with existing vehicles, no default image will be selected, so I've included a rebuild tool. This will set the first image uploaded as the default image if one is not selected.

Will be posting more screenshots later.

21k9e8j.png

• Management

Finished the default and unreal portal blocks. I've changed them a bit to use the style the sidebar block has. But they also include their own seperate settings if you wanted to change them back to a 1 random vehicle setup. I've also expanded on the thumbnail settings, there will now be 3 classes of thumbnails and better control for fixed thumbnail dimensions.

t66qt1.png

Great work Michael :)

:w00t:

Looks good!

• Management

I set aside this week to work on the admin side of the garage. Every page has been modernized and optimized using IPB3 new code structure. As well as the new type ahead javascript function, so the member names can be entered instead of entering the member id and member name. A search option for vehicles and mods was a popular request and this has been added, so you can more quickly search for a members vehicle by typing in their display name. Also added is use of IPB3 drag and drop ordering for currencies. I've also added descriptions where possible for each field, this should hopefully clear up some confusion until I get documentation ready.

Here are a few pics to illustrate the improvements made.

2af0i8h.png

14snxc2.png

2co3bsh.png

21ez9k.png

I've still got a bit more work to do with the tabs/custom fields but apart from that the admin side of the garage is done. Provided IPB3.1 beta is not released next week, I've set aside next week to complete the linked make and model dropdown option. Once a I get this done and tie up a few loose ends, the garage should be ready for a public beta.

• Management

Spent extra time on the custom fields, improving the code and moving it over to use IPB3 prototype. Drag and drop ordering has been added for tabs and fields. And a new Main tab has been added for those who want to add fields into the main vehicles page rather than a new tab.

2ms0gwj.png

14dk4m1.png