DevFuse Forums

Dumb question about the news system

javier

I know this is a pretty dumb question, but I just don't understand how exactly the news system mod works.

I mean, right now I have a forum where one of the categories is "news", and inside that category I have, say, 3 sub-forums, one called "news on this site", the other xx, the other xx.

Also, the front page of my site gets the news topic titles from the news section.

How would this mod help me exactly? I know it's a dumb question, I just don't understand the concept. :cry:

I'm planning to upgrade to 3.x soon.

Cheers!

• Management

It provides a central location for your news rather than using the forums and offers a few more features like rss news, email news, download word version of news etc... May not be useful for everyone and for some just adding news in a news forum is adequate. Pretty much all the features can be seen in the screenshots here.

• 1 month later...

I own the product, so I'll chime in. If you use a forum, people will see just the titles of the threads you post... the News app displays the title as well as the content of the news entries inline, so people can read all of your recent news without having to click on a number of links to read each topic.