DevFuse Forums

Calendar Topics question

smsp

• 3 months later...

I have a couple of questions as well. Might as well post them here instead of starting my own topic.

It looks like per the description, the original response to the above question is outdated correct? It now updates the post? Also, Am I reading this correctly: "Hook to now display a link to the discussion topic for events with discussion topics created." Does this mean that on the Calendar APP itself.. on the event it will automatically leave a link to the new thread that this mod creates? Also, for events that are already on the calendar, will this generate a topic for them as well? Or is there a way to force it to? And last, I assume this does not create threads for birthdays that are on the calendar?

• Management

Yes editing the topic was a recent introduction in v1.2, news announcement here. The hook link back, will be added next to the "Permalink" link you see when viewing an event. And also in the event topic is creates, it adds a link to the event like before.

No unfortunately the calendar topic is created when ever a calendar is added or updated. There is currently no way to mass create topics for old events. Although if you edit an event, if it doesn't have a topic associate, the mod will know to create a topic for it. No birthdays are loaded differently by the Calendar, only events have topics created for them.

Hope that answers all your questions, if you have any more, just let me know. :)

Oh, one last question. Is the hook dependant on user permissions to create the threads? In other words, I want to have a forum specifically for events.. that a topic will generate in this forum every time an event is created. However, I do not want users to be able to create their own threads in this forum... only automatically generated ones. If I change the permissions so that users cannot create threads, will that block the app from creating them as well?

• Management

The post function in IPB includes an option to bypass permission checks. This is enabled by default for my mods that create topics. But this can easily be changed in a file edit if you want it to follow permission checks. (forum post/reply perms, reply_own_topics, reply_other_topics etc...)

• 3 months later...

I currently have this mod.. but I'm wondering. Unless I'm missing something, it seems like topics are deleted once the event passes. Is there a way to change this? If not, can I ask this as an enhancement? Maybe to give you the option to leave the thread.

Thanks!

• Management

I currently have this mod.. but I'm wondering. Unless I'm missing something, it seems like topics are deleted once the event passes.

It should only delete the topic if the event itself is deleted, is that the case here? Or is it deleting the topic regardless?