DevFuse Forums

Joomla or Wordpress

BrandonT

Looking to finally add a real homepage to my general gaming site and trying to decide between the two. Iso input on pros & cons. Sorta like Wordpress but couldn't find any templates I liked. With Joomla I liked all the extras it had. Or If you have a better recommendation I'm open to suggestions.

Edit: Not all that great at website building but ok...

• Management
Looking to finally add a real homepage to my general gaming site and trying to decide between the two. Iso input on pros & cons. Sorta like Wordpress but couldn't find any templates I liked. With Joomla I liked all the extras it had. Or If you have a better recommendation I'm open to suggestions.

Edit: Not all that great at website building but ok...

I've only worked with Wordpress and it was several months ago. It's easy to setup and like joomla has a lot community support. This may have changed since I last used wordpress, but joomla seems a lot more powerful in what it can do, it a full blown cms rather than just a blog. Depends on how complicated you want your website to be I guess. Is it just a few pages or a full blown website with downloads system, reviews etc...

I thought about just using portal as homepage but still unsure.

I tried joomla again and found templates I liked but they would never end up the way I expected lol.

Also just got done doing wordpress and ended up with this - http://www.thegamingsurge.com really basic but works for now.

Having difficult time getting somethings I like :P

You can do that with IPB portal... :)

acp->look & feel->edit template html->ipb portal->csite_skeleton_template

that is like index.html that you have now... :D

it is much logical to use this then to have seperate html/css/etc... :o

here is mine new home page which will be finnished very soon:

http://www.crtaci.info/index.php?act=home

simple but it really helps to use ipb portal(or any other portal mod for ibp hehe)... :)

Edited by GaVrA