30 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be upgrading to IPB3?

• Yes - straight away
    • Yes - 3.0.1 or later
    • No - waiting for 3.1 or later
    • No - never
    • Other - please explain

• 1 month later...

I know this is sorta an ol' topic and all. I voted that I'd be upgrading after 3.0.1 but that isn't entirely true, I have some mods on my current version which I'm waiting to be upgraded first before I switch over. Mainly because that is what my users are accustomed to..

• 1 month later...

I cannot upgrade until I get updates to some of the Mods we have installed on our current IPB 2.3 forum. I would love to be able to upgrade ASAP, but alas I can't without losing some important functions/options we currently have and we are not willing to do that.

I had the same viewpoint with my vb forums, but in the end took the plunge. The members have lost some features but agined others. Feedback so far is positive. Biggest thing I am missing is decent SEO though. I wont use encoded products.

I will be upgrading, don't know when yet though, but probably before the end of the year or right after that.

I run 3 sites, but one of them is like a testboard, and I had no mods there, so that doesn't count. :)

I do feel that the community of modders is driving people to upgrade: some of the new mods that are coming out, which are very cool, are only for ipb3, and there's nothing you can do to battle that...

I also like some of the new features in ipb3, things like integration with facebook and twitter, rating users and so on.

I still love 2.3x, it's so fast, I'm so used to it, it's just amazing... ipb3 is about 20% slower, but don't forget that the guys behind ipb3 are the same people who made 2.3x so fast, so they can do it again, let's give them a vote of confidence. ;)

I also have a couple of custom mods... I don't know what will happen with that. I have to get in touch with the people involved and so on.

New upgrades is often good news for modders: they get fresh money from people who need to upgrade their mods, but they're not to blame for that. :)