DevFuse Forums

[RESOLVED] Forums Completely Broken

Brewer

I've recently installed a modification done by PeteT his News and Announcements mod. Everything worked perfectly, I used the drop down collapse box to quick edit the Announcement message. After editing the only option was a button that said "Insert Text" so I clicked it, after it had loaded the entire Forums went haywire and nothing works anymore. No screenshots are necessary as you can simply go to the Forums: http://www.unyieldingwow.net/forums and see the message that was inserted is now literally inserted everywhere.

I can't load ACP as it gives me a IPS Driver Error now. I've reverted the changes in the two required modified files, and the problem still persists to no avail. I can't get around this and would deeply hate to have to reinstall the entire Forums due to this seem to be irreversable bug. All and any help would be greatly appreciated. If you need the SQL data log recorded from the cache folder, here is what it says:

Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 16:08:09 -0700
Error Number: 1064
Error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '<!--coloro:#FF0000--><span style="color:#FF0000"><!--/coloro--><b>UPDATE (4.14.0' at line 1
IP Address: ##.##.##.###
Page: /forums/admin/index.php?adsess=3f0dbeb1c59be0ade18b5e8fe2981b6a&&member_id=1&password=ok
mySQL query error: SELECT COUNT(*) as mems FROM ibf_members WHERE failed_login_count >= <!--coloro:#FF0000--><span style="color:#FF0000"><!--/coloro--><b>UPDATE (4.14.09):</b><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--> <b><!--coloro:#FFFFFF--><span style="color:#FFFFFF"><!--/coloro-->We are currently aware that Patch 3.1.0 has been officially released on Retail. Today we've started plans on updating our core and database to ensure the lastest official updates to the Server include all the content from patch 3.1.0 so please bare with us. Also, everyone will be notified when the beta test is open.<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--></b>

• Management

Could only theorize would could be wrong, weird error. If you want I could take a quick look, should only need ftp access. Either it's a file edit prob or somehow something was inserted in the database, more specifically the template bits. (unlikely)

Could only theorize would could be wrong, weird error. If you want I could take a quick look, should only need ftp access. Either it's a file edit prob or somehow something was inserted in the database, more specifically the template bits. (unlikely)

Sure, if you have MSN or something I could possibly add you to as I don't want to send the information on here or in PM due to I'd like to know what the progress is on the Forums as your looking through the FTP.

i can almost tell you exactly what the error is and how to do a quick fix.

<!--colorc-->

thats your error cause most likely. cause when you go to the site and click on the red update 4.14.09 ti takes you to this

The requested URL /forums/<!--coloro: was not found on this server.

now to fix it

need to go into sql and go to the news and announcement component and remove that part of the coding. once you do that it should fix itself.

it should. for some reason with IPB and some servers they have issues wit the special characters. Like ascii. If the server is php hardened, it will allow you to use ascii in the forums but not in the forum titles. If you use it in the forum titles you will not be able to edit the forums in acp. experience with that one. lol

i can almost tell you exactly what the error is and how to do a quick fix.
<!--colorc-->

thats your error cause most likely. cause when you go to the site and click on the red update 4.14.09 ti takes you to this

The requested URL /forums/<!--coloro: was not found on this server.

now to fix it

need to go into sql and go to the news and announcement component and remove that part of the coding. once you do that it should fix itself.

Now when you say I need to go into SQL and find the News and Announcements component, I assume I have to go into the ACP to do that. Unfortunately, unless there is some other way to edit that in SQL my ACP as I stated in my first post is broken. Everytime I try logging into it I get a IPS Driver Error. Preventing me from accessing it.

it should. for some reason with IPB and some servers they have issues wit the special characters. Like ascii. If the server is php hardened, it will allow you to use ascii in the forums but not in the forum titles. If you use it in the forum titles you will not be able to edit the forums in acp. experience with that one. lol

Now according to what you're saying I can do this without having to access the ACP. If so, how can I do that?

Go into your hosting cpanel. go to phpnyadmin. once there find ibf_components. then look for the mod. once you fidn the mod you need to hit the pencil to edit the table. you should see the code there. if your not familiar with doing this i would suggest getting someone who is. i am available atm if you wold like me to handle it for you. just send me pm with info, and i will get it fixed for you.

Go into your hosting cpanel. go to phpnyadmin. once there find ibf_components. then look for the mod. once you fidn the mod you need to hit the pencil to edit the table. you should see the code there. if your not familiar with doing this i would suggest getting someone who is. i am available atm if you wold like me to handle it for you. just send me pm with info, and i will get it fixed for you.

Ok, I found it. Now, it doesn't list that component and that's probably because this Mod was never listed under Components even when I was able to get into the ACP when I initially installed his mod. If you look at this instructions on the installation, this mod doesn't get placed under Components it goes under Look & Settings, (I just went brain dead, I can't remember the tab name beside Components).

Sorry to double post, but I've resolved my issue. Thank you for all the guided help.

I had to go into ibf_conf_global and delete everything written in the conf_value fields because the Inserted Text was inserted in each one of those fields, in every single table on every page. I then had to delete all the content located in ibf_cache_store in the settings table, so it wouldn't save. The only downside to this is I have to reconfigure all my components and group permissions for each.

But, that is less to loose then having to redo the entire Forums. Thanks again for those who were willing to help.

congrats on getting it fixed up.

guess my advice was wrong :X

i did have a similar problem though, when i uninstalled a mod it killed some of the databse and the easiest way to fix it was to just install backup, lucky yours wasn't so bad eh

Archived