DevFuse Forums

Is there any importer from vbtube to VideoSystem?

irafa

Hello,

I am thinking of moving from vbulletin to IPB.

Vbulletin has a mod (Vbtube) that has the same objective as Video System, so I don't know whether there is an importer or not that i could use.

Thanks in advance,

Rafa.

• Management

I do have a converter for one of the vBulletin videos apps but as there are 2 I'm not sure if it's the same one. Can you send me a sample of videos database structure and I can confirm if it's the same one?

This one adds some tables to the vbulletin database, these tables are:

vbtube_categories

vbtube_comments

vbtube_favourites

vbtube_ip

vbtube_lastkeywords

vbtube_part

vbtube_ratings

vbtube_stack

vbtube_tubes

Is it enough information?

Regards

• Management

It doesn't look like the current converter will work unless the table structure are the same. The one I have now has very different names for it's database tables. If you want to keep your existing data, you'll need to have a converter written specifically for this.

ok, I will think about it. Anyway, I have some more questions:

1) Is there any way to retrieve the title and description of the videos when using a youtube Video?

2) Is there any way to order or clasify the videos of a member, through albums?

3) How does the tag system work? That is to say, Is the member or the admin who add the tags?

4) We can create categories and subcategories, don't we?

Regards,

Rafa.

Sorry, the video link is because the "video source" field in which there is only the "Media URL" option. I suppose that we can enable more source modes so that it can be added the videos directly and the title and description will be retrieved.

I keep waiting for the rest of questions.

Regards.

Edited by irafa

• Management

ok, I will think about it. Anyway, I have some more questions:

1) Is there any way to retrieve the title and description of the videos when using a youtube Video?

2) Is there any way to order or clasify the videos of a member, through albums?

3) How does the tag system work? That is to say, Is the member or the admin who add the tags?

4) We can create categories and subcategories, don't we?

1) Yes the recently added "Quick Add" feature supports this. So adding a youtube url it will extract the title and description automatically.

2) On the category page or the members actual activity page?

3) Tags are setup similar to how forums and topis manage tags. So an admin can setup default tags for each category. Where as a member adds tags to each video they add.

4) Yes that's right categories with full unlimited subcategory depth.

If you would like I can setup a demo for you so you can go over the features?

Hello, i tried to upload youtube video but it is shown only the link and no the video; Why could it happen?:

http://www.devfuse.com/forums/videos/view-65-mundo-canino-video-test/

You'll need to add a media tag for Youtube playlists. I believe there is actually an entry in the IPS Marketplace just for this.

2) On the category page or the members actual activity page?

It would be perfect to be able to classify the videos by tags or albums inside of a category or the member's profile. The same way as it happens with the pictures in IP.Gallery.

3) Tags are setup similar to how forums and topis manage tags. So an admin can setup default tags for each category. Where as a member adds tags to each video they add.

But, when i add a video in this site, i can not select the tags for any category...Maybe, because admin configuration?

If you would like I can setup a demo for you so you can go over the features?

It would be perfect.

You'll need to add a media tag for Youtube playlists. I believe there is actually an entry in the IPS Marketplace just for this.

Ok, then it is because it is a playlist, if not, it would show up the video, wouldn't it?

Thanks

• Management

But, when i add a video in this site, i can not select the tags for any category...Maybe, because admin configuration?

Ok, then it is because it is a playlist, if not, it would show up the video, wouldn't it?

Tags are working fine for me, how are you trying to add the video? Through quick or normal add video form?

Yes that's correct, the youtube url needs to be the proper url.

Is the script using the analytics code from IPS admin panel?

Not it's own ones.

I have been testing the demo and it looks great.

I understand that I will have to add the analytics code to the templates in order to have analytics in your software. Where is the proper site?

I would like to add images for the icons of the category index list, the little icons on the left. Could I do that?. How?

How could I add a Spanish translation to the Videos System module?

Are there any SEO features for Videos System, like friendly url?

I am thinking of buying a responsive template from IPS Marketplace, and I would like to know if there is some template in order to do this Videos System module responsive?

Does Videos System create a sitemap?

Thanks

• Management
I understand that I will have to add the analytics code to the templates in order to have analytics in your software. Where is the proper site?

I would like to add images for the icons of the category index list, the little icons on the left. Could I do that?. How?

How could I add a Spanish translation to the Videos System module?

Are there any SEO features for Videos System, like friendly url?

I am thinking of buying a responsive template from IPS Marketplace, and I would like to know if there is some template in order to do this Videos System module responsive?

Does Videos System create a sitemap?

Yes that's correct, let me know the placements you wanted and I can add dummy code for you to see.

This isn't supported, you would need to modify this yourself to add.

You can find language packs submitted by users here. But it doesn't look like anyone has submitted a Spanish language pack yet.

FURL support is already in place for category and video urls. Meta description and keywords are also generated automatically for videos.

No specific responsive features are included. The Videos System should be compatible with all skins that follow IPB standards. I can upload this skin to the demo board if you wanted to see what it looks like.

Not a specific page but it does integrate with the sitemap feature of IPB and generates a sitemap for video urls.

Yes that's correct, let me know the placements you wanted and I can add dummy code for you to see.

The Google Analytics code has to be in all the pages of your module. I think that i will have to add it in some footer or somewhere that will be charged in all the pages.

This isn't supported, you would need to modify this yourself to add.

Ok, I will figure out how to do it. Maybe i can find something in your forums because this is something that many people do, to change the image icons of each category.

You can find language packs submitted by users here. But it doesn't look like anyone has submitted a Spanish language pack yet.

Anyway, is there some way to do the translation through the admin panel of IPS?

No specific responsive features are included. The Videos System should be compatible with all skins that follow IPB standards. I can upload this skin to the demo board if you wanted to see what it looks like.

I am looking for a way to make "Videos System" responsive since I will use a responsive templates for the rest of IPS. I will look into it.

Not a specific page but it does integrate with the sitemap feature of IPB and generates a sitemap for video urls.

Then, the sitemap of IPS includes the content of Videos System, doesn't it?

• Management

The Google Analytics code has to be in all the pages of your module. I think that i will have to add it in some footer or somewhere that will be charged in all the pages.

Ok, I will figure out how to do it. Maybe i can find something in your forums because this is something that many people do, to change the image icons of each category.

Anyway, is there some way to do the translation through the admin panel of IPS?

Then, the sitemap of IPS includes the content of Videos System, doesn't it?

If you add Google Analytics code in IPB, then it will display in all applications including the Videos System. It's a global setting that all pages uses.

Well you can add category images but the current version just doesn't display them in the sidebar yet. It's something I can look at in a version but not likely until after IPB4 now.

The Videos System does include both public and admin language files for the Videos app. You'll notice them when browser your manage languages page under the "Videos System" tab.

Yes I believe the sitemap then handles all the sitemap files including the ping. I've just got the plugin supported that builds the sitemap file.

Well you can add category images but the current version just doesn't display them in the sidebar yet. It's something I can look at in a version but not likely until after IPB4 now.

Ok;Sorry, I did not mean in the sidebar, i was thinking of put an image for each category when you click on "View all" categories (See attachment). Anyway, it is not a problem.

post-19311-0-38591900-1406792885_thumb.png

Thank you very much for your attention.