DevFuse Forums

Does the Vidoes System support the embedding of Javascript?

Chris M.

Does the Embed option support that function type? Or is it just the "Embed" "object" and "iframe function"?

I see alot of people use javasript to encode their videos and to embed their videos (I really don't see why since they use level 1-3 encoding which is way too easy to decode).

Will it support that function in the future or is it already there?

• Management

IPB itself strips out the javascript code but embed, object and iframe will work fine. I can provide instructions to override it in the Videos System but wouldn't recommend it. And if you must, only for your own admin group.

Well I just asked because most of the players use the JavaScript embedding and it looks easier. It would be nice to have that function. A lot of people use it. Well you could add a separate group factor for that overriding option, that way there will be the option for JavaScript in the embedding for certain groups.

• 1 month later...
  • Management

yes I would like to use javascript to embed my videos in a no reply forum just for videos,

how can I stop IPB from stripping out javascript in just 1 forum?

I'm not sure about IPB, I only have this setup in the videos system as it cleans the input myself. You'll need to check with IPS about IPB, although I'm not sure they would recommend it.