DevFuse Forums

Invisionboard sites down all over the net?

miguelmayo

I have been experiencing several site crashes on my server for the past 2 weeks, pouring through the logs I am constantly seeing Apache errors with Apache zombie processes, reaching max clients and crashing, and I am pulling my hair out trying to run down the errors and configuring my server to deal with them.

Then I tried to get onto IPSBeyond and looky there it is down too? So was invisionize, this site is up - FOR NOW, I am wondering perhaps there is some kind of exploit being aimed at invisonboard forum sites?

HERE IS A LIST OF SOME OF MY APACHE ERRORS IN THE LOGS

child process 16029 still did not exit, sending a SIGKILL,

[error] server reached MaxClients setting, consider raising the MaxClients settings

most of them can be fixed by restarting apache or rebooting, but the cpu usage goes through the roof as soon as these errors occur, lots of "guest" in the client list, bots no doubt hitting my IO ports, something is going on - and its seems to be directed at invisionboard sites.

Edited by miguelmayo

• Management

I believe IPS was the target of an attack before but I'm not sure if the recent downtime is related. I'm really not privy to this information, so you'll probably need to ask IPS directly what's going on. I haven't had any reports of problems from my host but if downtime continues with the others, I'll check it out.

I'm not sure how long the downtime was for you but it was only a few hours for me at most, so I don't think this is a targeted attack against IPB sites. As for Invisionize, they've been down for a while now. Don't think the site is operating anymore.