DevFuse Forums

Timeslip system

WildGS

I was handed over the forum from the previous owner so I don't have the original account info. I guess I just need to find out if I can install the new version after I purchase it and keep the data from the old version. I am ready to purchase the full application just wondering how the install is going to work with the previous version that is there but won't work with the new version of IPB.

• Management

What version of the Timeslip System do you currently have? The IPB 3.0.x to IPB 3.1.x upgrade itself shouldn't cause the application to not function. With the the previous owners permission, I can transfer the purchase to your account instead. This would save you from having to purchase anything.

Yes the upgrade process should retain timeslip data, although I always recommend backing up before installing/upgrading anything. Although it sounds like something else is the problem, so upgrading may not solve this.

It would be easier for me to purchase the support than get in touch with the previous owner.

What happened was I think I had the (M30) timeslip 1.4.0 system installed on IPB 3.0.5 and just had an upgrade to 3.1.4. Went to restart the forum after the upgrade and I get a message similar to the one below (I know it says donation tracker) everytime I tried to enable the hook. I must have removed the hook cause now I can't enable it again.

Warning: donationTrackerSidebarHook::require_once(/home/regalgs/public_html/admin/applications_addon/other/donate/sources/functions.php) [donationtrackersidebarhook.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/regalgs/public_html/hooks/donationTrackerSidebarHook_0114ee422641d5a4f42e97f2880d5075.php on line 33

Fatal error: donationTrackerSidebarHook::require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/regalgs/public_html/admin/applications_addon/other/donate/sources/functions.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear:/home/regalgs/public_html/ips_kernel/') in /home/regalgs/public_html/hooks/donationTrackerSidebarHook_0114ee422641d5a4f42e97f2880d5075.php on line 33

Also my garage system does the same thing. I would like to jsut upgrade to the new version I have no issue purchasing them to gain the support. I just want all the members garages and timeslip data to remain intact.

• Management

When you upgraded, did you just re-upload the files over the top of the existing IPB 3.0.x files or did you upload fresh files deleting the previous ones? It sounds like you did the later and now when the hooks are looking to load the mod files to load the sidebar or hook related functions it can't find those files. You can check on the data in Admin CP > Support Tab > SQL Toolbox. Your looking for table names like times, garages_#### and donate_#### for those mods you said you had installed. The IPB upgrade itself, shouldn't remove any of the tables, so they should all be there still.

I did not do the actual upgrade process IPB did so I am not exactly sure on the process they used.

Yes I am showing those in my SQL toolbox

garages_comments 11 Export

garages_currency 5 Export

garages_fields_admin 0 Export

garages_fields_user 0 Export

garages_images 278 Export

garages_list 162 Export

garages_mods 247 Export

garages_mods_cats 5 Export

garages_rating 18 Export

garages_tabs

times 25

This stuff is still new to me so I appreciate all the help.

Edited by WildGS

• Management

Just to be safe, click the export link for each of those tables so you can have a backup of them. Are any of the mods still listed in the manage applications area? In Admin CP > System Tab > Manage Applications & Modules? Also in the admin/applications_addon/other/ folder, are there any folders there for any of the mods?

I do have the mods for Garage and timeslip in the Admin CP > System Tab > Manage Applications & Modules but I had to disable them as they would not allow my forum to run.

I do not have folders in the admin/applications_addon/other/ folder. But I do have it in my older backup of the forum.

• Management

Yeah if possible, restore them from the backup, I'd imagine that should have a recent version. You should then be able to re-enable the applications. Also you'll have some other files in the public/style_images/master/ folder for the garage and timeslip images and the public/js/ folder as well.