DevFuse Forums

Garage improvements

PrinceOfAbyss

I'm using Garage for a long time now, and I have to say it's great.

One suggestion I'd like to make however would be that I'd like it to be a little more aesthetically integrated into IPB.

For example, the image rating...

If you take a look at the Gallery's image rating system, it's much better, it uses ajax to store the rates, and looks generally better.

On the other hand the dropdown that Garage uses looks a bit outdated.

There are other areas, that I'd like Garage to integrate with IPB as well, but those are more simple than changing the rating system and I'm experimenting to improve them myself. Once that's done, I'll share them with Michael and if he wants he can use them in a future release.

• 1 month later...

I just realized that when you view the modification images under Images tab, there is no way to see what modification each image was uploaded for.

If I was to add that, do you think it'd be better to put a separate column (that would take space, especially for modifications with large title), or in the image link's title (that is not directly visible)?

I did it. Also, note that the modification name is linking to the modification's page... I chose this way of presentation instead of the title attribute because after some research, Firefox does not support multiline content in title and alt attributes.

The result is:

imageshowmod.png

Like with other enhancements I have made to my garage, I will send this one to Michael as well.