DevFuse Forums

Off Topic: Gallery uplod, works with url but not browse file

RocketFoot

Hey guys, I have been tinkering with a free myBB forum for a side project. I installed a gallery plugin but it only works by uploading pics from a url. When you try to use the browse for files upload, it doesn't upload the pics! In general terms, what or where should I look to find the problem?

www.pazrt.com

Edited by RocketFoot

• Management

Couple of the simple things to look out for is that the upload folder has a correct CHMOD value of probably 777. Another one is that the form has the attribute enctype="multipart/form-data" in it. I've never used myBB so not sure of the code but if you can point where I can download the gallery plugin or attach it here, can take a quick look through the code.

myBB seems to be a cross between VB and IPB...it's interesting!

My co-admin, Andrew will chime in shortly with more info on this problem!

Edited by RocketFoot

Couple of the simple things to look out for is that the upload folder has a correct CHMOD value of probably 777. Another one is that the form has the attribute enctype="multipart/form-data" in it. I've never used myBB so not sure of the code but if you can point where I can download the gallery plugin or attach it here, can take a quick look through the code.

Hi,

I help RocketFoot manage the forums.

The folder is properly chmod to 777. I think it's a conflicting plugin issue OR a server issue. A forum member is hosting the site on his box he rents from a colo..I have web hosting that I tried the plugin on and it works just fine...uploading photos from a url and pc both work normally.

the plugin can be downloaded here:

http://mybbsource.com/attachment.php?aid=431 (might require signing up)

• Management

Ok I think I've ruled it down to one thing. The use of $HTTP_POST_FILES was depreciated in PHP 4.1. You'll probably need to replace every instance with $_FILES for the server your having problems with. I use the latest version of PHP on my test server and changing the above worked for me.

Ok I think I've ruled it down to one thing. The use of $HTTP_POST_FILES was depreciated in PHP 4.1. You'll probably need to replace every instance with $_FILES for the server your having problems with. I use the latest version of PHP on my test server and changing the above worked for me.

Thanks for the advice! That could explain why we are having a problem on one box and not another! We'll give it a try and see what happens!

Thanks Michael! BTW, IPB3 looks good on the forums! Very nice!