DevFuse Forums

[RESOLVED] [2.3x]HTML in Profiles

Skruffy

I'm looking to enable HTML in the profile but I can't figure out how to do it. It's important that I have this for my site, so I'm hoping someone can help me. I have the profiles set to the classic style, with out all the user comments and stuff if that makes a difference.

Thanks in advance!

• Management
I'm looking to enable HTML in the profile but I can't figure out how to do it. It's important that I have this for my site, so I'm hoping someone can help me. I have the profiles set to the classic style, with out all the user comments and stuff if that makes a difference.

Thanks in advance!

Where abouts did you want to enable html? If you have comments removed and using the classic style (IPB2.1), I don't see anywhere else to add it.

• Management
Well I have custom fields in the profiles(click me!) and I want the members to be able to post a link in a certain one and be able to use the bold and italics tags and such.

Ok try this then. Open sources/action_public/profile.php (these are edits for the classic profile page)

Find:

foreach( $fields->out_fields as $id => $data )

Add Above:

if( !is_object( $this->parser ) )
	{
		require_once ROOT_PATH."sources/handlers/han_parse_bbcode.php";
		$this->parser = new parse_bbcode();
		$this->parser->ipsclass =& $this;
		$this->parser->parse_bbcode = 1;
		$this->parser->parse_html = 1;	
		$this->parser->parse_smilies = 1;
	}

Find:

$custom_out .= $this->ipsclass->compiled_templates['skin_profile']->custom_field( $fields->field_names[ $id ], $data );

Replace With:

$custom_out .= $this->ipsclass->compiled_templates['skin_profile']->custom_field( $fields->field_names[ $id ], $this->parser->pre_display_parse( $this->parser->pre_db_parse($data)) );

Save sources/action_public/profile.php This will work for bbcode and although wouldn't recommend enabling html anywhere users can input it, you should be able to by opening sources/classes/class_custom_fields.php

Find:

var $kill_html = 1;

Replace With:

var $kill_html = 0;

• Management
Thanks!

If I may ask, why would you not recommend enabling HTML anywhere the users can put it?

Although IPB is well protected against malicious code, your can't guarantee anything. If possible I would suggest limiting people to bbcode. IPB should protect you against the obvious malicious code, but you should always the software updated if you are going to enable html.

Archived