DevFuse Forums

Forms: How Can I Change the Form Rules to a White Background with Black Text?

Ken Grubb

I need to add information about the service the customer will be buying on the form above the form fields. I also need to add a photo there.

The only way I can see to do this is by entering the information in the "Form Rules" section.

I'd like this section to look like the rest of my site, with a white background and black text. But apparently I can only select various colors for the background, with white text.

Is there a way to change this to a white background and black text?

If I have to use the custom.css style sheet in the templates section of Admin, what are the IDs or classes of the things I need to change? I tried using Firefox's Inspector but I can't figure it out.

• Management

I'm using the ipsMessage style and there inbuilt css classes, so no real way to change it that way. You'll need to modify the template bit directly. See acp > theme editor > forms > front > logs > create.

Perhaps add a custom style to this bit of code.

<div class='ipsMessage ipsMessage_{{if isset( $container->_options->rules_color )}}{expression="$container->_options->rules_color"}{{else}}info{{endif}}'>

I think this must be a bug though... under the different color blocks, it's says it changes the background to that color. And it works for all of them except the white option.

When I click the white option, it makes the background black, not white.

I successfully fixed this before using custom.css... I'll try that again now that I know the class involved. Perhaps that will over-ride it.

I'll also see if I can make the change as you suggest.

With respect, I'd like to suggest in future updates an option to make the form with a white background and black text just as it is on pages everywhere else.

Thanks again, Michael!

Edited by Bendensin

• 3 weeks later...