DevFuse Forums

Garage VS Collection for a vehicle registry?

Bean

Hi Michael,

I have a Peugeot specific IPB vehicle forum, and I am wanting to set up a vehicle registry for my members.

Can you advise which would be more suitable? And is it easy enough to change it so that any buttons or tabs reference it being a registry rather than the default name?

Thanks!

Rabin

• Management

The Garage is generally more suited for vehicles. All text is covered in the language files for easy changes, the navigation tab can be edited in your manage applications page. If it helps, I can setup a demo for both so you can play around with both at the same time?

That's not needed, I googled and found quite a few sites that were doing similar registry type functions with garage, so I think I'm good with that.

I will likely need to ask for install services as I'm quite new to the back end of IPS suite of tools although I've been doing the admin for a few years.

If interested (and depending on cost), I would also be interested in paying a consultant fee to check out the site, current installs and configurations to make sure everything is good before I start diving in. Having someone with experience to go through everything will be money well spent with my limited time I can devote. Not sure If that qualifies as custom work but I figured I'd ask.

Thanks!

Rabin

Edited by Bean

• Management

If interested (and depending on cost), I would also be interested in paying a consultant fee to check out the site, current installs and configurations to make sure everything is good before I start diving in. Having someone with experience to go through everything will be money well spent with my limited time I can devote. Not sure If that qualifies as custom work but I figured I'd ask.

Sure, check out this form here.