DevFuse Forums

my forum is super slow loading pages or wont load at all

Geoffro

Hi guys,

I have a very frustrating problem at the moment!

It would appear that my forum is taking forever to load pages, half the time the page times out whilst trying to load.

This is happening on both my home PC and work laptop, I am running firefox which i have always run, and it would seem that every other site i visit is fine. My forum is running IPB version 3.1.4, but im guessing this is irrelevant as it only seems to be happening to me and nobody else....

I contacted my host and they told me that everything seems fine with my VPS server.

I am also running Cloud flare on my forum at the moment, but im sure it was happening before i had this on there..

Even more frustrating and confusing is, i seem to be the only one that this is happening to, have spoke to my admins and mods, and the forum is super quick for them....

It is not uncommon for me to wait for over a minute for a page to load on my forum, where as other sites are loading straight away!

Can somebody on here PLEASE help me with this one? I am open to any advice or help i can get!

Thank you in advance,

Geoff

Hello.

Did is slow even with other skin?

Have you try to disable all 3th part component?

Hi Najuru :)

It has only been like this for a couple of weeks now,

I dont know what 3rd part component is my friend...

Is it slow for you if you log on there?

• Management

Did is slow even with other skin?

Yeah if you can would recommend trying the default skin for a few days. Just to rule in or out any buggy customizations. Even if the custom skin is fine it may be something minor you've changed.

Right now it's loading fast for me. But can understand how frustrating it would be if your the only one with the problem. Any other computer you can try? Maybe try a different browser? If your familiar with command prompt, have you tried pinging your site?

Yeah if you can would recommend trying the default skin for a few days. Just to rule in or out any buggy customizations. Even if the custom skin is fine it may be something minor you've changed.

Right now it's loading fast for me. But can understand how frustrating it would be if your the only one with the problem. Any other computer you can try? Maybe try a different browser? If your familiar with command prompt, have you tried pinging your site?

Hi There Michael,

Thanks for your reply!

It seems to be both my home PC and work laptop both different providers and OS, i run Firefox on both, did a test with IE last night, and it seemed a little faster but not by a great deal...

I will try and get people to run the default skin for a few days if i can, that will be fun lol

I am not familiar with command prompt and ping etc...

Open to any other suggestions and advice,

Thank you heaps!!

you can try to make a standard skin, with same colours and gradient and images that your actual skin

Hi Najaru,

I have been in contact with Tom, they person who designed my custom skin, he is going to look into it for me :)