DevFuse Forums

Question about the contact system

neal121

Can the contact system also be used like an application? I am looking for something for my gaming clan where new members who want to join can fill out a form and it will submit a topic in the forum. Can your contact system do something like this?

• Management

Can the contact system also be used like an application? I am looking for something for my gaming clan where new members who want to join can fill out a form and it will submit a topic in the forum. Can your contact system do something like this?

The contact system does have per subject custom fields, so you can create a subject called "applications" for example and have it create a topic in your preferred forum. Then add custom fields that will only appear when the application subject is selected in the dropdown. The custom fields will be loaded with ajax. You can see an example here http://www.devfuse.com/forums/contact/ by selecting the "Presale Questions" subject in the subject dropdown.

• Management

I have custom skins and I assume this app adds an tab to the menu. Can you tell me what the url is to get to the form?

Yes if the code is available in the skin, it will add a Contact link like any other app (e.g. downloads, gallery.). If not, and 3rd party apps links are not added, it should be possible to manually add it, if you need help with this, let me know. You can also access the contact system directly at index.php?app=contact e.g. http://www.devfuse.com/forums/index.php?app=contact