DevFuse Forums

donation tracker can members view

mamagail

i was looking at the samples of each section. Question is can members view any of these areas to see exactly where their donations are going. If they click on donations will these sections open to them. Also I saw that it uses a portal. I don't use a portal or even have it enabled. Will I still be able to use the donation tracker.

Edited by gail

• Management

I'm not quite sure what you mean Gail. Donation note is taken from Paypal's note box. Also when members donate they select what there donating too based on which goal they select.

This live demo might answer some of your questions: http://www.devfuse.com/forums/donate/

No you are fine, if it doesn't detect a portal, it just won't use the files.

• Management

That looks good but where do members actually see a donation link. I didnt see that in the live demo. Do I have to add a donate button or does the program create a link in the navigation bar.

It does create a Donate link in the nav but I've disabled it for this board. The button generator can be used generate code that you can place around the board. It also comes with a sidebar hook, to give it more exposure.