DevFuse Forums

Calendar topics - links to topic

So the calendar topics works as expect .. great mod .. thanks

There's two things I like to see

1. when a new calednar entry is posted, and a new topic created, it would be great if the calendar entry had a link to the topic at the bottom.

Just like the topic has a link to the calendar

understand? :)

when browsing around the forums, it would be nice if you could click something that says "add this as a calendar entry"

Have you seen SMF ? (simple machines forum)

they do this by default .. and it was awesome ... t'was about the only thing I REALLY liked about SMF

Paul.

edit:

Number 1: link to topic = important

Number 2: Create calendar entry = not so important, but very nice

Edited by TerminalAddict

• Management

Number 1 can definitely be added, that data is saved with the calendar entry so if you give me some idea where you want the link to the topic, should be able to give you a skin edit to achieve it. I'm not sure if I'll be adding number 2 to this modification, but if you can give me some more info, will look into it when I'm free. You just want create calendar event link for every post?

Hey Michael

Number 1: can you just add a "View Discussion" or "Discuss this event" link at the the bottom of the calendar entry?

Just like you do with "View Event" link, at the bottom of the post?

Numer 2:

As we all know .. forum users are dumb :P .. they will post in events in the forum, rather than in the calendar.

I just want an easy way to get those events in to the calendar

Perhaps a (if can_mod || is_admin) then display a link that create a calendar entry for this post

• Management
Hey Michael

Number 1: can you just add a "View Discussion" or "Discuss this event" link at the the bottom of the calendar entry?

Just like you do with "View Event" link, at the bottom of the post?

Numer 2:

As we all know .. forum users are dumb :P .. they will post in events in the forum, rather than in the calendar.

I just want an easy way to get those events in to the calendar

Perhaps a (if can_mod || is_admin) then display a link that create a calendar entry for this post

Well here is an idea to achieve number 1.

Open your Admin CP > Look & Feel Tab > select a skin > Edit Template HTML > Calendar > cal_show_event

Find:

{$approve_button} {$edit_button}</p>

Add Before:

<if="$event['event_topic_id']">
<a href='{$this->ipsclass->base_url}showtopic={$event['event_topic_id']}'><b>View Discussion Topic</b></a> · 
</if>

Save Template Bit and your done.

Regarding number 2, although won't be including it in this modification, will definitely consider it, when I've got more free time.

PERFECT !!!!!

you should definately add this to the release

I changed it just a wee tad

<span class="postcolor">{$event['event_content']} 
<if="$event['event_topic_id']">
<br /><br />
<a href='{$this->ipsclass->base_url}showtopic={$event['event_topic_id']}'><b>View Discussion Topic</b></a> ·
</if>
					</span>

• Management
if u add the 7-day calendar at the top then u bring the calendar to the users as posting "forum" ;)

But it has nothing to do with the modification. As the original issue is resolved. I'll close this topic.