DevFuse Forums

IP.Board 4 Upgrade Status

Michael

• 4 weeks later...

Worked on the item images and modification management today. Collections/Garage app now at 60% completion.

Good to hear!  B)

I'm patiently waiting for the Garage hook so I can upgrade my forum, to IPB 4.0. and do the Garage and Timeslips at the same time. 

• Management

Worked on the the item and modification images today. I've set it up so you can add and edit multiple images within the item or modification itself instead of going through a separate form to add a single image at a time.

Garage importer is now 99% completed. I'm looking for Garage data to test it out in more detail. If anyone is able to help here, please PM me an sql export of all your garage database tables.

I'm on GoDaddy shared hosting and have MySQL access. Tell me how to get the export and I'll send it to you. 

• Management

Further progress made today, with only these things left now:

• Finishing the IPB 3.4 upgrade for users of the IPB 3.4 Collections app.
  • Addition of make/model support into Collections app so Garage users will have existing functionality.
  • Modification of app urls after Garage import complete. So Garage users will have the same urls as the IPB 3.4 Garage did.
  • Further improvements to app language, so users can change text like Collections & Item to Garage & Vehicle or what ever there using the Collections app for.

Not guaranteed yet but I'm hoping to have the first beta ready at the end of this month.

• Management

Application language setup is now complete. I've overhauled the whole thing to be a lot more flexible and allow easy customization within the admin cp. Users of different languages or Garage users will easily be able to change the terms to suit what they are using the Collections app for. Better phrase support is also included, so something like "Add a new item to here" will be stored as "Add a new %s to here" in the language files and allow more flexibility when editing the language files.

In the next several days I'll be merging the Garage licenses into Collections licenses. As long as you've got an active subscription to either, you'll be able to download the beta when it's ready. Extra instructions will be included in release for users of the IPB 3.4 Garage on how to upgrade and import their Garage data. Right now, it should just be a matter of installing the IPB 4 Collections app in your admin cp and then using the Importer to import your Garage data. The importer will modify your app language and urls automatically so the public will essentially see a Garage like before.

appsetup.png

• Management

The Collections app is now available as beta 2 within the client centre and listed as an extra download. Do NOT use this on a live forum, only test within test boards until beta 3 arrives and I confirm there will be an upgrade path from beta 2 to beta 3.

Please open support tickets or report your bugs here. I'll be coming out with regular updates over the next few weeks, so make sure you always upgrade to the latest version before reporting a bug. Provided there are no major bugs, I'll be looking towards a final release within the next week or two.

Fresh Install

Instructions are included for a normal install.

Upgrade IPB 3.4 Collections

Instructions are included for a normal upgrade from IPB 3.4.

Upgrade from IPB 3.4 Garage.

Further instructions pending but for now, install a fresh version of the Collections app and then head to ACP > Collections > Application Setup. You'll see a prompt on how to import your Garage data from your database. This importer will clear any Collections data you already have. The importer can not be run at a later date after you've added or changed vehicles, so I would recommend you ensure that everything ran correctly before using the Garage. The importer will automatically alter collections language and urls to look and function as a Garage application.

• Management

Beta 3 of the Collections app is now available for download in the client centre. I've removed the notice regarding use on test forums only but would still recommend you have a full backup before upgrading or import Garage data.