DevFuse Forums

IP.Board 4 Upgrade Status

Michael

• Management

I've created this topic to keep everyone updated on the status of each mods compatibility with IP.Board 4. Like previous upgrades I have no set order of upgrade or estimates on when each modification will be upgraded. Like before no new features will be added until after all modifications are upgraded, this way I don't get bogged down testing new features.

Here is a list of the modifications that will be upgraded:

Custom Modifications
In regards to custom apps/hooks/plugins that need upgrading to IPB4 or new modifications to be created. They should be able to start around 1-2 weeks after my existing modifications have been completed. Right now my best estimate is mid May 2015.

Status Legend: CompletedIn ProgressNot Yet Started

• Management

I've just sent out the Portal's first beta to those who registered interest. If I've missed anyone, please let me know.

Auto Birthday Greeter is now avaliable for beta testing, please open a support ticket if you are a customer. I'm still looking for a few more people before beta testing of the Auto Welcome Members app begins.

• Management

I've begun upgrades of the Donate Sidebar, Guest Message and Sidebar Poll mods. I'm just waiting on an IPB4 bug before I package these up for beta testing. That will most likely be when RC1 comes.

Both the Form and Donation apps have had there admin cp sections upgraded and I'm now working on the front end display.

Donation Tracker 

It would be greatly appreciated if you could make it so the "Payment Processor" can be set (locked) for a particular goal.  For example, I have two different goals each month, each with their own "Payment Processor."  When the user goes to donate, they choose the proper goal, but they don't select the correct "Payment Processor" for that particular goal, so the money goes to the wrong person who is paying the bills for that goal.  This would be hugely appreciated if you could make it happen.

Thanks for listening

• Management

Both the Global Messages and Calendar Topics mods are now ready for beta testing. The later is waiting on an IPB4 bug before being sent out.

Donation Tracker

It would be greatly appreciated if you could make it so the "Payment Processor" can be set (locked) for a particular goal.  For example, I have two different goals each month, each with their own "Payment Processor."  When the user goes to donate, they choose the proper goal, but they don't select the correct "Payment Processor" for that particular goal, so the money goes to the wrong person who is paying the bills for that goal.  This would be hugely appreciated if you could make it happen.

Thanks for listening

I'm sorry about as mentioned above, there won't be new features until after the upgrades are complete. Then I'll revisit each mod with further features.

Can't wait to test the auto welcome members app. I see that IPS4 has now hit RC1 too.

I'll be sending betas for that out soon. Will be sure to include you.

Even though they've release RC1, there are still major bugs that are affecting plugins widgets and hooks for me. Once they've been fixed I'll be sending out the betas.

I'm also able to beta test also.

Thanks John, will include you soon.

I'll be sending betas for that out soon. Will be sure to include you.

Even though they've release RC1, there are still major bugs that are affecting plugins widgets and hooks for me. Once they've been fixed I'll be sending out the betas.

Thanks. RC2 is out, hopefully they fixed your issue but it seems like still a number of outstanding issues are remaining.

• Management

Thanks. RC2 is out, hopefully they fixed your issue but it seems like still a number of outstanding issues are remaining.

RC4 should include the fixes I've been waiting for. Once that's out I'll be sending out the betas then.

• Management

Work is continuing on the Timeslip, News, Donation and Form apps. As they are more complex then the previous mods, they're going to take a bit longer to upgrade but some betas are expected within the next few weeks. As soon as one on that list is completed, I'll be starting work on the Videos app next.