DevFuse Forums

(M31) Posting Rules 1.0.0

sinders

Hello.

I wanted to use (M31) Posting Rules 1.0.0 hook on my board but I don`t think it is 100% compatible with IP.Board versions such a IP.Board 3.4.6.

I wanted to use the per forum option so I could set rules for each of my forum sections so my members would be able to read the rules in he post editor

when creating a topic but when you open the Admin CP > Forums Tab > select the edit dropdown for each forum > Posting Rules to set this up, it just

gives you a HTTP 500 Internal Server Error The website has a programming error when trying to access this option.

Since this hook is really only meant for IP.Board 3.1.x, I think it has something to do with the cp_skin_forums.php file edit the ReadMe - Install
tell you to do that isn't the correct edit for newer IP.Board versions.

I am sure that file edit is what gets the per forum option working.

The hook itself works perfectly fine using the Global setting but it's only the per forum option that doesn't seem to work.

Michael, I was wondering if you could please let me know how to get the per forum option properly working on IP.Board 3.4.6?

I can`t seem to find this mod here on this site, found it elsewhere, but according to the ReadMe - Install, you Michael where the author of this mod.

Thank you in advance for your help.

By the way, I have attached you mod below for you.

(M31) Posting Rules v1.0.0.zip

Edited by sinders

• Management

I couldn't make it a full hook for IPB 3.2.x+ so I decided to not upgrade it. Upgrading it now is not a simple patch, the new editor needs to be used as well as a different skin cp layout. A hook point also needs to be worked out for the new topic page as that will probably not work anymore either.

When I've got a bit more free time I can revisit upgrading this mod but right now I'm focused on IPB4.

No worries buddy. There is a similar mod available called (SOS33) New Topic Rules 3.0.2 but personally

I like your one better as it gives more options and the rules you put in are displayed in the post editor.

Do you know I there is another mod available that does that same thing and is compatible with the

newer IP.Board versions and has similar options as your that I perhaps may have overlooked?

Edited by sinders

That's a great shame. That will be the only thing stopping me from upgrading to IP.Board 4 when the final comes out.

I assume since mods and hooks and applications have to be completely rewritten for IP.Board 4, this means the newer

versions of the mods and hooks and applications are very unlikely to be compatible with the current IP.Board 3?

Thanks Michael for your help and support.

Edited by sinders