DevFuse Forums

Looking for an application for travel itinerary building and sharing

jair

Hi, I run a travel forum and I am interested in creating an area where members can share their travel plans, maybe helping others looking to do the same trip in the future. I am eyeing the garage or collection systems, but I am not sure they fulfil the purpose and to be honest I am somewhat confused what is the difference between the two. What I am looking for on top of my head:

-Categories - based on continents and subcategories based on countries. I am sure every app can do that. 

-Different type of trips: Lazy, Rushed, Overnight, Photography, Trek, etc. Does any of the apps support prefixes, or tags?

-Ability to structure the trip itinerary - day 1, do 1,2,3. Overnight here. Day 2, do 1,2,3, overnight there. 

---The structure should be easy to create different segments. Essentially something like this: http://www.holidayen.com/featured/London.html where it is possible to add a picture, google maps link, official website link and some text to each attraction. 

-Comments and/or support topics should be definitely available. 

What do you think, can the garage or collections system fulfil my need? Or maybe there is another mod outside of devfuse? I am considering IP.Content too, but it is way way too complicated for me for the time being...

Edited by jair

• Management

May I ask for test setup for collections system? Might be faser then going back and forth with questions :)

Submit your login details in a support ticket here - http://www.devfuse.com/customers/&act=support I can setup a demo setup with the categories, custom fields etc.. to show what can be done and if you need further help setting up, help you with that.

I'm assuming you've already purchased but regarding your second feature, tag support is not currently included. But it's a very likely inclusion in a future version.