DevFuse Forums

Quotes System - Globalizing Quotes

Chris M.

• Management

Is there a hook point nearby? You could move the sidebar hook to that position and then strip out the sidebar code.

I'm actually working on an update for the Quotes app right now. What I might do is include a global hook and that would be easier to use, provided there is a hook point near where you want.

what do you mean hook point? - sorry for not knowing what you mean, my school studies get mixed up with my knowledge of IPB and other software, so can you tell me? [i used to know so much of IPB and vBulletin, now im getting limited]

Edited by Chris M.

• Management

In the template bit will be if statements and foreach, if there is one near, you can hook into that. For example in the globalTemplate, you have <if test="mainpageContent:|:$html">{$html}</if>

If can add a hook above or below the "mainpageContent" hook point.

In the template bit will be if statements and foreach, if there is one near, you can hook into that. For example in the globalTemplate, you have <if test="mainpageContent:|:$html">{$html}</if>

If can add a hook above or below the "mainpageContent" hook point.

well the bar is the branding bar.

Right around here:

<!-- ::: BRANDING STRIP: Logo and search box ::: -->
			<div id='sc-branding'>

</div>
<if test="accessreports:|:$this->memberData['is_mod'] OR !empty($this->memberData['access_report_center']) || ($this->memberData['g_access_cp'] AND !$this->settings['security_remove_acp_link'])">            
<div id='sc-bottombar' class='clearfix'>
<div class='sc-width'>

• Management

Might be best to go with a different setup. Place the following code inside where you want the global qo

<php>
        require_once( IPSLib::getAppDir( 'quotes' ) . "/sources/hooks.php" );        
        $this->registry->setClass('quotes_hooks', new quotesHookGateway( $this->registry ) );
        $globalQuote = $this->registry->getClass('quotes_hooks')->globalHook();
</php>
{$globalQuote} 

Now just modify the template in admin cp > look & feel tab > select skin > skin_quote_external > globalHookTemplate. You'll probably want to remove a lot of the surrounding template.