DevFuse Forums

Videos System v2.3.1 Update

Michael

• Management

Sorry Chris, I'm a complete idiot, Kept on reading that but was thinking about something completely different. Below is the code for either.

Global Hook

<?php
			 require_once( IPSLib::getAppDir( 'videos' ) . "/sources/functions.php" );					    
						    $this->registry->setClass('video_functions', new classVideos( $this->registry ) );
			 print $this->registry->getClass('video_functions')->global_block();
?>

Sidebar Type Hook

<?php
			 require_once( IPSLib::getAppDir( 'videos' ) . "/sources/functions.php" );					    
						    $this->registry->setClass('video_functions', new classVideos( $this->registry ) );
			 print $this->registry->getClass('video_functions')->video_block();
?>

Go in Admin CP > Other Apps dropdown > Portal > Manage Blocks > Add Block. In the Block Code, just add one of the above.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Management

>_> then obviously it will have more delays, so take ur time, while I thorougy check the previous version for bugs and suggestions.

Yes more then likely. I like to get the IPB updates out ASAP, there everything will be put on hold while I'm doing this.

• 1 month later...

Would it be possible to add this idea?

You see how the forums are able too use this:

1oMSv.png

The result if yes would lead them to seeing the "video titles" but when they click in the video they wont be able access the video.

So they are able to see the video title and everything:

510a877ce6414415944177d.png

But when they click any one of them thy get this page:

c138b739f1274bf696c8be9.png

Saved as a suggestion, should be included.

I see u upgraded to the latest version :| - make sure you get their editor patch they had, and if u need help wit something just tell me. And thx for including the suggestion, it would save me the hassle of me making a mod for bots to scavenge the videos.

Wasn't aware there was an issue, is it present on the forums now? I downloaded a very recent version of IPB before upgrading.

It's an editor patch, it's not rolled with the 3.4.1 version, but is going to be implemented in the 3.4.2 version. You can get it here:

http://community.invisionpower.com/resources/guides.html/_/knowledge-base/341-editor-parser-updates-r262

it fixed quite a lot of bugs i had.

• 1 month later...

Would it be possible to add this idea?

You see how the forums are able too use this:

1oMSv.png

The result if yes would lead them to seeing the "video titles" but when they click in the video they wont be able access the video.

So they are able to see the video title and everything:

510a877ce6414415944177d.png

But when they click any one of them thy get this page:

c138b739f1274bf696c8be9.png

Can this be extended to the Global Videos Box and Members box, because guests cant see the the thumbnails and link.

• 1 month later...