DevFuse Forums

Videos System v2.3.0 Update

Michael

Question #3 - Michael is it possible to make a Category your favorite instead of the video?

Also i was fiddling with the theme im using and checked out the category css options it uses and heres what i accomplished:

t2eQ.jpeg

This is something hidden in the CatView Template. There's a Id that says "header hide" just remove the "hide" for this bar to show above the category video list. It's good if you want to remove multiple videos at once since the checkbox in it checks it all.

Oh and here's another suggestion. Can you add a Genre option to the Videos System, it can help make the search better since there will be videos based on the same thing. (Srry if this is asking for too much, I just want to see if I can take these ideas and change them accordingly before I set out the actual updates on the site).

Well it can be genre or a tags system or something. You know like something that can help define the search.

Edited by Chris M.

• Management

Question #3 - Michael is it possible to make a Category your favorite instead of the video?

The current code is pretty much hard coded for videos only. Would you want to favorite a category to track it easier? If so, I do have plans for follow category support like a forum. (Not in this very next version however.)

Full editor to Mini editor in comments for Video System 2.3.X

Go to: Admin CP> Look &Feel>YourSkin>skin_videos>videoView:

Find:

{parse editor="comment" options="array( 'type' => 'full', 'minimize' => 1, 'height' => 180, 'autoSaveKey' => 'videocomment-' . $video['tid'] )"}

change to:

{parse editor="comment" options="array( 'type' => 'mini', 'minimize' => 1, 'height' => 150, 'autoSaveKey' => 'videocomment-' . $video['tid'] )"}

You will get the minified version of the full editor:

Result:

trOQ.jpeg

Edited by Chris M.