DevFuse Forums

Videos System v2.3.0 Update

Michael

• Management

The Videos System has been updated with a few new features and several more bug fixes.

New Features

• Option to add additional videos to each video page. Media tags supported only.
  • Option for category only categories.
  • The ability to set a video as featured on the main page. Option includes a prominent display for a single video or if multiple videos are set as featured, the global block layout will be used.
  • Integration with the new my media plugin.
  • Ability to add a url to a thumbnail image instead of uploading. Selection between automatic, upload thumbnail and enter thumbnail url has already been improved.

Bug Fixes

Hmm acceptable conditions except for one thing - When posting mymedia videos with the url thumbnail option. Thumbnails end up broken because the url was in a link. So it would be as this: website.com/uploads/videos/thumbnails/http://website.com/uploads/videos/thumbnails/thumb-1.jpg

Well if you need help with 2.3.1 im here to help.

Edited by Chris M.

Just found out that "Extra Videos" supports: Iframe, Embed, Object and some Javascript tags. (Good thing ;))

Can I ask one suggestion? when making it extra videos: wen submitting can each video have it's own title bar saying extra video? (Unless the tabbed thing is planned for that version).

Edited by Chris M.

• Management

Can I ask one suggestion? when making it extra videos: wen submitting can each video have it's own title bar saying extra video? (Unless the tabbed thing is planned for that version).

Yeah I was thinking about it but the tabbed option is a definite thing.

I have another question.... I see there is a cat_images folder; does that mean that the Categories can have images?

Support not actually included, just added the folder.

Addition:

SideBarHook - List View - Global Box Sort By?: Video Views:

First go to look &Feel>Skin>skins_video_external>SidebarHookTemplate

Find:

<span class='date'>{$this->lang->words['vs_date_added']}: {parse date="$r['date']" format="long"}</span>

Add Directly Below:

<ul><li>{parse format_number="$r['views']"} {$this->lang->words['views']} {$this->lang->words['vs_views']}</li></ul>

This will show the amount of views the video has in the sidebar template. I used this addition when I wanted the sidebar to show videos with the most views. it's really handy.

Screenshot:

i8gHX21VzmqwF.png

Edited by Chris M.

• 2 weeks later...

Micheal I just Finished Taking Japanese. Im wondering if it's ok to make a Japanese language pack. if it's possible. I havent done any kind of language pack before. Im fluent in Spanish, and I took Japanese now, but I don't know how to make language packs. Can you give me some help on how to make one?

• Management

Good on you, I'm hoping to learn another language this year myself. Here are a few links to help you out:

http://community.invisionpower.com/resources/documentation/index.html/_/new-docs/ipboard/lookandfeel/languages-r584

http://community.invisionpower.com/index.php?app=languages

The second one you'll probably be most interested in, some conversion already done.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Management

Not without modification, it uses the position field for sorting.

Open admin/applications_addon/other/videos/sources/categories.php

Find:

'order'    => 'c.parent_id, c.position',

Replace With:

'order'    => 'c.name ASC',

Save admin/applications_addon/other/videos/sources/categories.php. You'll need to rebuild your category cache.

While you work on the new one im working on a re-design of the system itself. (Which explains the re-editing I have to do for the new version)

Also you might want to limit the available options for the comments, it seems it has all of the bbcode parsing like the one for the thread posting which is kinda a bad thing in terms of spam.

Edited by Chris M.

I have returned to IPB after a short absence. Due to the ongoing updates (IPB) and other personal reasons I never got to finish and open my forum. I have now re installed 3.3.1. and recently renewed my subs for videos. Prior to my absence I had no problems. I have Vimeo plus and am having problems installing the videos. I get no thumbnail and when I open the the standard diagram in the video bar all I get is the URL. I have no problem with youtube. I know Vimeo has done a lot of re vamping. I cannot see where I am going wrong (if indeed it is my fault) I have the latest VS 2.3.0 Any suggestions please ?

• Management

It's just the thumbnail that's the problem? Does the video embed code itself generate properly? Make sure you have a matching entry for the vimeo media bbcode in acp > other apps dropdown > videos system > manage thumbnail sites. If not, then open a ticket with board access so I can take a look at your media/thumbnail setup.