DevFuse Forums

Introducing Quotes System

Michael

• Management

It's been a long time between drinks mods but I'm happy to announce my latest IPB application. The Quotes System allows you and your community to add quotes to a database and a way to organize that database. Also included is a sidebar hook to show a random quote.

This is a free application can be downloaded from the here. You can find other applications and hooks by me here.

• 10 months later...

I have downloaded and installed the quotes system but Unfortunately, I have been unable to find anywhere within the admin where these quotes can be approved. The quote you see was aproved from the database.

Kelvin

Edited by Kelvin

I have downloaded and installed the quotes system but Unfortunately, I have been unable to find anywhere within the admin where these quotes can be approved. The quote you see was aproved from the database.

Kelvin

Hi Kevin,

You do not need to go to Admin Panel to approve new quotes... The approval process is part of fontend quote view.

When you click on quote section, there should be a button on the upper right hand corner shows how many quotes are waiting for approval...

And follow that button....

• 2 weeks later...
  • Management

Is there a Portal 1.3.0 hook for this Quote app ??

No but you can add your own block in the portal and in the block code field use this.

<?php
        require_once( IPSLib::getAppDir( 'quotes' ) . "/sources/hooks.php" );        
        $this->registry->setClass('quotes_hooks', new quotesHookGateway( $this->registry ) );
        print $this->registry->getClass('quotes_hooks')->sidebarHook();
?> 

For more support, you can find the support topic here.

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Management

When you get a change would you please, please upgrade this application to 4.0 ?

I have contacted other person, they are not responding at all...

What about the other Quotes plugin, have you tried contacting them to see if they can add more features you wanted? It makes very little sense for me to release an app that already exists in the marketplace, especially now when I've got just little free time among bug fixes and existing custom requests.