DevFuse Forums

IP.Board 3.3.x Update Status

Michael

• Management

IPS have already announced IPB 3.3.x as "coming soon", so I wanted to create an update status topic for my own mods. I don't believe there will be many incompatilibties with IPB 3.3.x, mostly readme, file listing and file version changes. But if you do encounter any bugs, please report them here. Instead of going through every mod and searching for every little bug that may exist, I'm just going to include any bugs reported in each mods next version. So far it looks like there will be only a few minor skin bugs in only several of my mods. Apart from that IPB 3.2 mods should work fine on IPB 3.3.x Free Products:

1. Portal - Fixed in v1.2.0
  2. Quotes System
  3. Guest Message
  4. Donate Sidebar
  5. Auto Welcome Members
  6. Shoutbox Topic Alert
  7. Sidebar Poll
  8. Auto Decrease Warning
  9. Ban Filter Import/Exporter
  10. Auto PM on X Posts
  11. Topic Notes
  12. PM Rules
  13. Dailymotion Media Tag
  14. Full Inbox Notification
  15. Close Old Topics
  16. Delete Old Topics
  17. Mark PM Unread
  18. Random Logos
  19. Status Update in Shoutbox
  20. Shoutbox Download Alert
  21. Reputation Required to Post
  22. Validate Group Promotions

Paid Products:

1. Donation Tracker - Fixed in v3.1.0
  2. Videos System - Fixed in v2.3.0
  3. Garage System - Fixed in v3.2.0
  4. Contact System - Fixed in v3.2.2
  5. Auto Birthday Greeter
  6. Global Messages
  7. News System
  8. Calendar Topics
  9. Timeslip System
  10. Auto Anniversary Greeter
  11. Moderator Action Alert
  12. Collections System - Fixed in 1.2.0.

• 2 weeks later...

Well the donation tracker is all but broken with 3.3x

Donations no longer auto post to forum category

PMs are no longer sent

Reward points and donations no longer are added to database

Goals no longer show in drop down during transaction

Goals no longer show on board sidebar

Member 'add notes' no longer shows during transactions

The only thing that is working is member can donate and then I have to basically add everything in manually.

Feature request if possible:

Add the miniphoto to the latest donations sidebar so it can work with all other sidebars

Also in profile, top donators, and list all donations.

i tried but keep getting a broken image

post-14292-0-43315500-1332546091_thumb.jpg

Well the donation tracker is all but broken with 3.3x

Donations no longer auto post to forum category

PMs are no longer sent

Reward points and donations no longer are added to database

Goals no longer show in drop down during transaction

Goals no longer show on board sidebar

Member 'add notes' no longer shows during transactions

The only thing that is working is member can donate and then I have to basically add everything in manually.

Feature request if possible:

Add the miniphoto to the latest donations sidebar so it can work with all other sidebars

Also in profile, top donators, and list all donations.

i tried but keep getting a broken image

post-14292-0-43315500-1332546091_thumb.jpg

Same issues..

Could you open a ticket so I can take a look? All those issues could be caused by ipn or cache issue rather then IPB 3.3 specifically.

Made a fresh install of both IPB and Donation tracker, everything seems to work fine, apart from when i change a setting in "Manage Settings" i get a php error, but it appreas to have saved the setting.

"Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/pnkllr/public_html/community/admin/sources/base/core.php(1558) : eval()'d code on line 3"

Hmm a parse error. Try to check on that line to see if any any backslahes towards a Quotation are missing.

EG - string ("/text" $val;)

If that cant fix it it's most likely a hook from the donation tracker thats causing the problem.

Edited by Geonode

I'll try a re-install but before I do just wanted to know by removing it will it remove my database info?

Whats the best scenario for re-installing while keeping prior info?

Edited by Gary Cornell

• Management

Yes an uninstall will delete any donation data. You'll need to temporarily remove some setup files to keep data while uninstall. If you've purchased from the IPS Marketplace, view how to get support here.

• Management

So far it looks like there are no major issues in any of the mods, only minor skin issues that will exist in only a few of the mods. Instead of preparing an update just for these 1 or 2 bugs, I'm going to fix them in the next version of each affected mods. e.g. In the next Videos update, I'll include the features already planned and the 1 minor confirmed bug with IPB 3.3.x.

So to the point, all my IPB 3.2 mods should be fine to use with IPB 3.3.x.

The contact system email formatting is off now. I no longer have the abiltity to use line breaks. This is how it looks and its hard to read.

Name: ???

Email: ???

Subject: Casual Member

Real Name: ??????????Age: ???Gaming Tag: ??? Account Name: ?????Steam Community Page (SteamID Page): ???????????? (Country, State): ???????????Who Referred You: ????? What Game Were You Recruited From: ???????????? Can you help by Donating or Subscribing? : ????What are you looking for in a Community or Clan?: ??????????????????

Recruitment Message: ????????????????????????

IP Address: ??.??.??.??

backed up the database tables and did a full remove and reinstall, All the functions are there now but the first donation didnt get picked up by the system. I tried to add it manually and got this:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: Fri, 06 Apr 2012 03:23:44 +0000
Error: 1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1
IP Address:  - /admin/index.php?adsess=&app=donate&&&module=donations&section=donations&do=donations_add_do&id=
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
mySQL query error: SELECT SUM(amount) as total_donations FROM ibf_donate_users WHERE status='1' AND member_id=
.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
| File																	   | Function																	  | Line No.		  |
|----------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------|
| admin/applications_addon/other/donate/modules_admin/donations/donations.php| [donate_func].awardPoints													 | 379			   |
'----------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------'
| admin/applications_addon/other/donate/modules_admin/donations/donations.php| [admin_donate_donations_donations].donationsSave							  | 32				|
'----------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------'
| admin/sources/base/ipsController.php									   | [admin_donate_donations_donations].doExecute								  | 306			   |
'----------------------------------------------------------------------------+--------------------------------------------------

I had to manually add it by hand into the database. This error can only be caused by an issue with the files. I checked all the settings and everything is correct.

Edited by Michael

• Management

What version of the Donation Tracker do you have? This looks like a bug that was fixed in v3.0.2. As you didn't purchase through this site, I assume this was from the marketplace? If so can you view this article on how to setup an account here.

I did get it through the Marketplace and it is version 3.0.2

Also I noticed in 3.0.2 there is no sql to create the points row in members table. Seems to me this code in functions depends on that:

/*-------------------------------------------------------------------------*/
// Award member points
/*-------------------------------------------------------------------------*/
public function awardPoints( $memberId, $amount='' )
{	
	if( !$memberId OR !$amount )
	{
		return false;
	}

# Check points system installed
	if( !$this->DB->checkForField( 'points', 'members' ) )
	{
		return false;
	}

# Give reward based on members total donations.
	if( $this->settings['dt_member_rewards_total_donations'] )
	{
		$donations = $this->DB->buildAndFetch(array( 'select' => 'SUM(amount) as total_donations', 'from' => 'donate_users', 'where' => "status='1' AND member_id=".$donateMember['member_id'] ) );
		$amount = $donations['total_donations'];		  
	}	  

$reward = $this->DB->buildAndFetch( array( 'select' => 'rid, title, amount_range1, amount_range2, points_enable, points_award, points_factor', 'from' => 'donate_rewards', 'where' => "active='1' AND '".$amount."' BETWEEN amount_range1 AND amount_range2" ) );
	if( !$reward['rid'] OR !$reward['points_enable'] )
	{
		return false;
	}

# Based on donation or amount
 if( $reward['points_award'] == '1' )
{
  $pointsAward = $reward['points_factor'];
 }
 else if( $reward['points_award'] == '2' )
{
  $pointsAward = $reward['points_factor'] * $amount;
 }	  

$this->DB->update( 'members', "points=points+{$pointsAward}", "member_id=".$memberId, false, true );
}	

So I am not getting any points for my members. I had to create the row myself and insert the points from all the donations but even now nothing gets added upon a new donation. This was installed on a new fresh IPB 3.3 final and though all the functions are showing, nothing is working. Just got a donation today and wouldnt have known it but for the email from PayPal. I cant see how the install went so wrong when it looks fine and I can update settings properly. Just seems nothing is getting through to the database.

I will buy it again today from here if I can be assured this is working properly. I dont think there are major issues with the IPB 3.3 upgrade but at the same time I dont think this is fully stable, may need some tweaking.

Sorry to double post but forum wont let me edit today for some reason.

Anyway one of our Admins purchased the mod last year, he is no longer with the site so I dont know his login. I would be happy to purchase the mod from here making sure I can also receive the support. I was going through the transaction and got the following errors on your site:

Warning: implode() [function.implode]: Invalid arguments passed in /home/devfuse/public_html/sources/pages/products.php on line 778
Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/devfuse/public_html/sources/pages/products.php on line 780

So I canceled it for now, just want to make sure I can go through without problems.

Also dont know if this is also due to my issues but I noticed reward points are not displayed anywhere so I had to manually add them in members profiles and topic view. Is this in the mod or not?

post-14292-0-17879300-1333745268_thumb.jpg

post-14292-0-65412800-1333745276_thumb.jpg

Shouldnt this be an option?

Edited by Gary Cornell

• Management

I did get it through the Marketplace and it is version 3.0.2

Also I noticed in 3.0.2 there is no sql to create the points row in members table. Seems to me this code in functions depends on that:

I will buy it again today from here if I can be assured this is working properly. I dont think there are major issues with the IPB 3.3 upgrade but at the same time I dont think this is fully stable, may need some tweaking.

Do you mind PM'ing me your site details (ftp/admin) so I can take a look. Would be a lot easier to troubleshoot these errors.

No need to purchase again, if you have any information at all on the purchase? A rough idea of the date purchased, email, username etc.. Purchases through the marketplace still get free setup here as well.

Also dont know if this is also due to my issues but I noticed reward points are not displayed anywhere so I had to manually add them in members profiles and topic view. Is this in the mod or not?

Shouldnt this be an option?

That doesn't look like part of the mod, is that a custom edit or hook you have setup?

Warning: implode() [function.implode]: Invalid arguments passed in /home/devfuse/public_html/sources/pages/products.php on line 778
Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/devfuse/public_html/sources/pages/products.php on line 780

Thanks for reporting, will take a look.

I am trying to get in touch with the original purchaser to get some info, not sure of any details it was before my time.

The images with the points and stuff are custom edits, wanted members to see their point totals.

Let me confer with the owner of the site on access, I just maintain/webmaster it as an Admin but its someone else's site. Will get back to you by end of weekend or Monday. Have a nice holiday!

EDIT: I just went and purchased the app from here. I feel better knowing its under my account. Anyway doing a full re-install and will let you know how it goes.

Edited by Gary Cornell

• 1 month later...

Hello Michael

Is there any news on when you should have IP.Board 3.3.x compatible versions of Donation Tracker and Contact System released?

Thanks.

Edited by sinders