DevFuse Forums

Can you make a little tweak with the Videos System?

Chris M.

Im planning on buying IPB+Videos System for my site, but before i do so. Is it possible to change how to thumbnail uploading works? I mean it has the option to upload manually, but it's very space consuming considering that it makes a new image for every video. I want to know if you could add a little feature so that you could enter a path to an image so that multiple videos could share that one image. This is what I think this addon is missing, I just want to know if you could add it before I buy it. That feature would save some people a lot of space.

• Management

Didn't miss your email, just didn't have a chance to reply until now.

No currently the only options are either with an automatic download of the Youtube/Vimeo thumbnail or manually uploading the thumbnail. I can usually provide custom edits for small changes like this but the current thumbnail setup is hard coded throughout. Sorry but this needs to be added through a new version.

Ok one more question and ill stop bother you for the time being... Would it be possible to add bulk video adding and Tabbed video?

Bulk Video - Ability to add multiple videos at once

Tabbed videos - ability to show multiple videos within one Episode.

Tabbed Video example - When you go to one video there is another tab for a second video.

Edited by Geonode

That's good enough for me.

And besides there is a way to do the whole bulk thing without changing files (All thanks to google chrome's duplicate tab)

Go to add video-> give it a name -> Give it a category -> Then right-click your tab and click duplicate tab (Google Chrome Browser)

You will now have multiple pages set up with presets of the first tab's content all yo need now is to add embed or media url and description and bam you have multiple videos.

Oh one more crucial/minor thing you must have.

A lights off/on switch - Although I already know how to implement that in all kinds of sites, it would be great to add it so it save the people the hassle of having to add it themselves.

Oh and I haven't introduced myself yet. My name is Christian McQuilkin Im a Ex-Developer for Android Apps. Nice to meet you Michael

• Management

Nice to meet you Christian. :) Although I can't add everything at once I do appreciate the suggestions, without them my mods would be simple. I start work on the next version, late next week. I'll be posting updates on twitter, facebook, google plus and these forums once I have more done.