DevFuse Forums

Videos System v2.2.2 Update

Michael

• Management
  • 4 months later...
  • Management

Im gonna buy the v2.3.

Have you looked at the suggestions I made?

All have been saved, I can't promise all will be included in v2.3 but I'm actually working on the tabbed videos idea now. I'm a little busy with the IPB 3.3 update but haven't forgot about your PM, beginning of April I should be able to take a look closer.

Also I have submitted some tutorials for 3.3, can you take a look and them and tell me what you think?

Thanks, all approved. Nice detail! :)

Also I will be willign to help people with 'media tag' addons, I have succesfully been able to integrate some media tags for it.

Also I have successfully integrated "Sapo video" thumbnail grabber, by looking into a previous sapo video thumnail gabber from drupal and then making it work for IPB. (But I don't know who uses sapo videos, so it's optional to ask).

• 2 weeks later...
  • Management

So far several bug fixes and a few new feature additions (my media integration, featured video support, ability to add extra videos to video page and support for entering url to thumbnail.) Everything will be detailed once finished.

So far several bug fixes and a few new feature additions (my media integration, featured video support, ability to add extra videos to video page and support for entering url to thumbnail.) Everything will be detailed once finished.

Is there anyway to add this:

27xi8at.gif

Random Video or Video Of The Day... On Main video page...

Is it possible to make it that when you upload the thumbnail it would automatically cut and crop the image size from the original? It would reduce the upload rate size dramatically and improve loading speeds. If not im ok with it.

• Management

Is it possible to make it that when you upload the thumbnail it would automatically cut and crop the image size from the original? It would reduce the upload rate size dramatically and improve loading speeds. If not im ok with it.

To late to be included in this release but have saved this for next version.

For the tabbing Videos I suggested, like how much tabs can you do? Is it a set amount or is it unlimited or can you set the amount?

Tabbing videos? I assume you mean the ability to add additional videos? This initial release won't be using tabs. Had some javascript issues I'm going to revisit in v2.3.1 but the additional videos will still be added below the normal video.

Tabbing videos? I assume you mean the ability to add additional videos? This initial release won't be using tabs. Had some javascript issues I'm going to revisit in v2.3.1 but the additional videos will still be added below the normal video.

I had some issues with that myself when I tried to do it myself. Im gonna be working on it too. I need that kind of tabbing feature, so ill be working day & night on it. So ill keep you updated with what I got.

For now Ill wait on the 2.3.x release and then Ill get started on it.

• Management

Well now that the feature is in place, it should be very easy to add. Although this is only a 0.# update, it does contain some complex additions, so I'd imagine I'll be visiting v2.3.1 very soon afterwards.

I've just finished working on the thumbnails, have a few more bugs to fix. I'd expect a release sometime this week.

Edit: I might have a beta out tomorrow, did you want to test it out at all?

I've actually competed it before I just can't find the source codes I used for it :(. I think I allied it from a previous wordpress plugin. Anyway I cant find it so ill have to start over. This may take a while, but lets see what I can come up with after the release :D

• Management

What kind of trouble with javascript did you have exactly?

Sorry didn't keep it, didn't get far so didn't have much to show anyway. Now that v2.3 is out you'll see how I've implemented it so far. My idea is to expand it by having a tab bar below or above the video, with the numbers 1, 2, 3. Clicking each would one will load the respective video. For legacy support for the videos already added, 1 will always be the main video. With 2,3,4 etc.. being the "additional/extra videos". I'll either load all videos and just hide the ones not showing or use ajax to load the embed code on the spot. I'm considering the latter because I'm not sure of the browser capabilities of loading lots of embed codes on the same page.