DevFuse Forums

Donation Tracker v3.0.1 Update

Michael

• Management

The IPB 3.2 Donation Tracker has been updated with several more bug fixes and minor feature changes. View the latest version here.

Notable Changes:

• The automatic and manual reset has been re-added for donations and goals. This allows you to removes donations or goals made before a certain date.
  • Topic link hook has been re-added. Due to changes in IPB 3.2, you'll need to rebuild donations in the rebuild tools for this to show up in topic view.

Bug Fixes:

The IPB 3.2 Donation Tracker has been updated with several more bug fixes and minor feature changes. View the latest version here.

Notable Changes:

• Topic link hook has been re-added. Due to changes in IPB 3.2, you'll need to rebuild donations in the rebuild tools for this to show up in topic view.

Bug Fixes:

I didn't even know previous versions had this Topic link feature. I like it!

BTW, there a "donate.png" image inside the topic link graphics (in topic view profile) that is actually missing (along with the "donate" folder) and it's not in the package.

I made my own and put it inside style_images/skin/donate/donate.png

Is there a way to add some form of payments at register menu kind of like with Subscriptions? For example some donation rewards I have set include permanent group upgrade and I would like to add that as an option to register page.

Another thing is paypal seal and such? I like my members to see I am verified I guess because it instills some trust.

Couple other things is expanding the splash page. Lets say I have some members who want to strictly but some points and not put it towards a goal or a member wants to donate the amount to get new member group.

• Management

First one is unlikely in the near future. Regarding Paypal seal, as I'm moving towards multiple payment gateways I decided to remove this. But let me know the location you wanted to re-add and can put together a template edit for you.

Regarding your last idea, I'm open to suggestions on how to implement this. If you just want to give out points or upgrades based on the donation amounts, what if the requirement for a goal was removed? You wouldn't have goal tracking but would allow you to purely give out points or upgrades.

Ty for the reply. I will hold off on the seal, I try not to change coding to much cause it makes for to much to do when I upgrade lol.

For the last Idea I was just thinking of like a multi purpose platform were it could maybe have side block with these things?

Main content area be your goals spot to show those and latest donations etc (don't receive points for donating towards goals).. sidebar be kinda stand alone like block for strictly buying Points. Another block strictly for buying membership packages?

Just random Ideas that I think would make the product stand out alot and be useful for every scenario.

But then again I still would rather see my old suggestion of Member Rewards giving your Icons (stars or something) based on donation amount that display in topics, board index, and such.

But just ideas don't want to put to much on ya. Would request this as custom mod but know your busy.

Michael how can we Enter the display name of the promoted member to search in group promotions, when there is no promotions able to be made on donation. There is no place to promote them. Where is the setting for the groups to put them in, there is nowhere to promote a member. We get this There are currently no group promotions to display. and nowhere to add them. This version has changed so much, and to be dead honest I don't like it. Its now so bloody hard to use.

Before it used to be so easy for me to add donated members now I need a degree to do it. I guess that's it for me now mate sorry.

Edited by gerry5039

I had the same issue and this is how Michael answered it. Perfectly logical - but still different that the previous version.

"This is now done through the Manage Rewards area. You'll be able to setup your group upgrade based on the donation amount."

• Management

Before it used to be so easy for me to add donated members now I need a degree to do it. I guess that's it for me now mate sorry.

Sorry Gerry that certainly wasn't my intention, for example look at the admin add donation pages in IPB 3.1 vs 3.2. I've tried to make everything much simpler using stuff like username type ahead and calendar select to make it easier.

Loren already answered your question regarding how to setup group promotions but if you do need further help, just open a support ticket and will be glad to go through what ever changes you need made and help you adjust to the changes in v3 of the Donation Tracker.

Thanks Loren & Michael however my promotions are not taken by donated amount, they donate, and they were automatically put into the donated group for one year then they drop off, unless they donate again. It was that simple we don't work with points, it was nice and simple a monkey could do it, as a matter of fact I can not for the life of me understand why IPB ever made that points system available its a real pain in the butt if you ask me, That is like something we used to get at school applied for being good or naughty. get so many naughty points off you go to the naughty step, get good points you got a gold or silver star. I guess BrandonT is looking to go back to his school days with his request above.

• 2 weeks later...

I think you have to go into the file \admin\applications_addon\other\donate\sources\hooks.php

Under // Latest Donations ( Sidebar )

find

$limit = 5;

change to

$limit = 3;

and save.

You may have to re-load the hook too.

It would be nice to be able to selectively show the different sidebars to certain groups just not on or off for all groups. In addition to the sidebars being ACP controlled for the amount of information you want displayed.

Edited by Axem

• 3 weeks later...
  • Management

I purchased donation tracker but i cannot use one of its function. I would like to use it with ibEconomy. I configured to give 100 points factor / 1 $ donation with donation tracker. But im not getting any point in ibeconomy. How should i configure it? Thanks for your cooperation

I'm not seeing any purchase data on your account, if purchased from IPS Marketplace, please read the purchase guide on how to setup a customer account.

• 4 months later...