DevFuse Forums

(M34) Auto Welcome Members

Michael

Your uploading the actual contents of the upload folder right? Not the upload folder itself to your forums folder?

Correct. I've manually dropped each file as well, and the Admin CP doesn't recognize it. Could the archive be corrupted some how? This is quite frustrating, cause I'd love for this to work. Would save me so much time from having to personally message people. xD

When I check the file size. It says the folder is only 116bytes, but windows says 42kb, and over 46,000 bytes. So i think something is wrong there. I'll re-upload the files again, and see what I can dig up.

Edited by BinaryData

• Management

Possible but this latest update has been downloaded hundreds of times without similar problems reported. Maybe try downloading again. Assuming your trying to install on the same site as you've listed on your profile, when I try to visit the application directory it doesn't exist - yoursite.com/forums/admin/applications_addon/other/autowelcome/ So double check your uploading.

Possible but this latest update has been downloaded hundreds of times without similar problems reported. Maybe try downloading again. Assuming your trying to install on the same site as you've listed on your profile, when I try to visit the application directory it doesn't exist - yoursite.com/forums/admin/applications_addon/other/autowelcome/ So double check your uploading.

For some bizare reason, it was uploading straight to the "upload" section of the forums. No idea why, even when I manually uploaded each file, it auto-moved 'em.

Got it working now. Bizarre crap.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Michael,

I installed the later version for my IPB 3.2 and had just a new user in the validating group. I checked him and switched him manually now to the members group - when does the app now sends out all the communication and creates the topic within the shout box and forum? Can I also push the trigger manually?

Thanks for your support !

I have had this mod working fine for quite a while now.

But today for some reason when a couple of new members joined my board, the same auto welcome message that goes into the profile field has also started going into their recent status update and also showing on the recent status update hook.

Any Ideas?

Ah ok have version 2.1.0 installed.

The bug has only started today. I've had it installed since 3.2 came out.

• 2 months later...

Hello Michael, and thank you for your great mod, realy !! :D

My english is very bad, I am sorry.

I like your mod, and I would like install again, on my board, "3.3.x" !!

The directorys they are the same, but can you say, if he work fine with "ipb 3.3.x" please ?

Thank you, regards.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I followed the instructions to install this. When I go to ACP --> Other Apps --> Auto Welcome Members to configure the welcome message (I assume), I get an error message (below). Also, there isn't an option in the registration form for IPB v.3.3.x, which is what I have.

Warning: require_once(/home/ptalk/public_html/forums/admin/applications/core/modules_admin/tools/settings.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in/home/ptalk/public_html/forums/admin/applications_addon/other/autowelcome/modules_admin/manage/manage.php on line 45

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/ptalk/public_html/forums/admin/applications/core/modules_admin/tools/settings.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/home/ptalk/public_html/forums/ips_kernel/') in/home/ptalk/public_html/forums/admin/applications_addon/other/autowelcome/modules_admin/manage/manage.php on line 45

That doesn't change anything - I'm still getting the error.

However, I'm putting this installation on hold for now because of a failed IP.Content installation that may require rollback of the DB. I'll get back to this. Thanks! :D

• Management

I followed the instructions to install this. When I go to ACP --> Other Apps --> Auto Welcome Members to configure the welcome message (I assume), I get an error message (below). Also, there isn't an option in the registration form for IPB v.3.3.x, which is what I have.

What version of IPB do you have? And do you have the latest version of the Auto Welcome Members app downloaded and uploaded? That error looks like the IPB 3.1 auto welcome app being used on an IPB 3.2 or 3.3 forum.

• 4 weeks later...

Scenario:

Using Auto Welcome PM.

- New member enrols successfully and PM gets sent

- The new member never deletes the PM

- Before deleting the new member, I check the option to delete 'sent PMs' and the auto welcome PM is not listed.

The only way I can insure that the welcome PM is removed, is to log on as the member and delete the welcome PM manually.

Am I correct?

• Management

Yes I believe so. Looking at the code, the default behavior is to delete any pms started by that member. Other pms that a member receives e.g. the auto welcome pm is not deleted but updated to reflect the members account has been deleted. That way even if a member is deleted or deletes a pm on their end, it still displays for the sender. One option would be to setup another member for just sending pm's and use the "Delete Sent Private Messages..." to delete auto welcome pm's set out.

• 3 months later...
  • Management

Auto Welcome Members has been updated to v2.2. Change log can be found below.

• IP.Board 3.4.x compatibility confirmed.
  • HTML emails now supported.
  • Some parser improvements to pm and email.
  • Improved check for spam or banned accounts.

To upgrade, re-download the latest version, re-upload then run the upgrade script.

• 3 months later...

Hey, I'm running Auto Welcome 2.2 on IP.Board 3.4. I'm only really using the PM sending functionality of it, and it appears to be intermitant.

Every other person is saying they never got a PM, but I can never re-create it, and sometimes they do get the PM.

• Management

Just have a few questions to help me troubleshoot this:

1. What kind of email validation do you have setup?
  2. Are PM's sent out when you add a member manually in the admin cp?
  3. Are any of the other alerts enabled currently?

Just have a few questions to help me troubleshoot this:

1. What kind of email validation do you have setup?
  2. Are PM's sent out when you add a member manually in the admin cp?
  3. Are any of the other alerts enabled currently?

1. The default.. you click "Create Account", fill in your info, click a link in the email to activate.

2. In my testing, I'm going through the normal registration, not making them in the AdminCP, and when I do it it's working.

3. Email welcomes are, and that seems to work for me too.

• Management

1. So user validation only then?

3. Can you try disabling email alerts and see what happens. It might be causing some interruption. Disable it and see if makes a difference.

If you can find out the status of those email alerts when the pm alert is not sent through, that should help me as well. That will either narrow it down to a problem with the pm function or an actual problem with the whole file.

• Management

The Auto Welcome Members application has been upgraded to v2.3. A list of the changes can be found below:

• New option to add welcome alert as reply instead of new topic.
  • Fix for ipsTag minimum and new topics.
  • Fix for PM parse display issue.
  • Fix for points integration, points setup for ibEconomy