DevFuse Forums

(M34) Auto Welcome Members

Michael

• Management

File Name: (M34) Auto Welcome Members

File Submitter: Michael

File Submitted: 19 Jul 2011

File Category: IP.Board Modifications

Description: To put it simply it welcomes newly registered members. It will welcome them with an optional personal message, email or topic alert. From there you can further customize each pm, email or topic message, the subject / title and so on. It also has the ability to welcome members that are added manually through the Admin CP.

Keep up to date with DevFuse mod development and releases.

2ze9ngh.jpg 53qo7q.png 2r7m3v9.png 2lkwa4w.jpg 24wfq0z.png

Click here to download this file

It's great to see this one done. Can you tell us if the problem with the way IPB had done some files was fixed?

In the old version you had to leave guest posting privs open in the Welcome topic to allow Auto Welcome to post there. I had some problems with Spammers finding that are and posting.

One of the best and most useful mods for IPB, I can't thank you enough for the hard work.

• Management

It's great to see this one done. Can you tell us if the problem with the way IPB had done some files was fixed?

I haven't had a chance to test it yet but I believe so. If you do have any problems, let me know and will see if I can put together a work around.

Okay, thanks for the response.

I tested it on two different 3.2 test sites.

It works, but I am getting two welcome emails, and two PM's each time I register. (See attachment)

Also unfortunately the section you are having it post the welcome topic still needs guest posting privileges. (See attachment)

It is also doing two shoutbox welcomes (See attachment)

Thought I would include attachments for you to see if that helps.

• Management

I've upgraded the files, can you re-download then re-upload the latest files again. Should fix the duplicate issue. Should only need guest viewing permission not posting, have you tried just that?

Thanks, that seems to have corrected it. Both with member validation or Admin validation.

I have the guest permissions set to "Show and Read". All works fine. No more worry about spam guests posting in there when we do go live.

Thanks again so much.

Hi,

When I active the shoutbox notification i've a fatal error:

atal error: Call to a member function processRawPost() on a non-object in /home/site/sousdomaine/forum/admin/applications_addon/other/autowelcome/sources/welcome_members.php on line 299

• 1 month later...

i'd be interested in this, but i'd like to know one thing

is it sending message after user validates or immediately after registration?

because after updating board i'm receiving email of new users registration before they validate and it's not like i wanted (don't remember if i used a mod)

so my doubt is that plugin is working the same way

thanks in advance :)

• 1 month later...
  • Management

Auto Welcome Members has been updated with the following bug fixes.

• Incorrect profile link in topic bug.
  • Members flagged as spammers receiving alerts bug.
  • Member comment to member comment fix.
  • Various topic settings and parsing fixes.

I upgraded by uploading the new files. This was followed by running the board's upgrade routine. All is fine save for the one detail. The admin properties still shows 2.1.0. This was viewed by selecting the app in Manage Apps and then selecting Manage Welcome from the next screen.

Did I do something wrong?

The Manage Apps page shows it is up-to-date.

• 2 months later...

Alright. I'm new here, so bear with me.

I downloaded the 3.2 Auto Message for IPB, and installed it to the proper directory. When I go to Admin CP > System > Applications & Modules > Manage Applications & Modules. When I go there, there is no "Applications Not Installed".

Everything is on the FTP Server, and available. But I get nothing in the Admin CP.

Any ideas as to why?

P.S. Sorry if this is the wrong posting spot. Little flustered :P