(M34) Sidebar Poll

Michael

• Management

File Name: (M34) Sidebar Poll

File Submitter: Michael

File Submitted: 15 Jul 2011

File Category: IP.Board Modifications

Author: Michael John (DevFuse)
Description: Adds the poll contents from a topic into your forums sidebar. Topic selected from the admin cp. Includes permissions for who can view the sidebar poll.

Keep up to date with DevFuse mod development and releases.

2ze9ngh.jpg 53qo7q.png 2r7m3v9.png 2lkwa4w.jpg 24wfq0z.png

Click here to download this file

• 9 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • Management

This hook has been updated to v2 and includes some new features and improvements made to code and layout.

• New block for IP.Content.
  • New block for Portal.
  • Improved style, including hiding of 3rd button overlap.
  • Option to pull latest poll from selected forum.
  • Support for new automatic copyright removal, see here.

• 6 months later...
  • Management

Would it be possible to implement a "set as featured poll" button on the public side of things, for certain groups? This way, I can allow a user to set the poll without having to give them full access to settings in the admin CP.

I've attached a modified version of the hook I did some time ago for someone else. you'll need to uninstall the sidebar poll hook and import this one.

sidebarPollCustom.zip

• Management

Adds a setting for you to choose which groups can set the poll url. Then at the bottom of the poll, it will add a text field so you can enter a different poll/topic url. Basically allowing certain groups to change the poll url without accessing the admin cp.

• 2 months later...

When a new user registers while this mod active, they get a blank index.php page. No error no nothing. Other members who validated before i installed this mod can login without problems. When i disable this mod, no problem occurs.

Edited by sk8erboi

• Management

When a new user registers while this mod active, they get a blank index.php page. No error no nothing. Other members who validated before i installed this mod can login without problems. When i disable this mod, no problem occurs.

A blank page usually masks a php error. See this article on how to get to the real error.

• 1 month later...
  • Management

Is there any way to customize the style of this to make it fit in custom themes? I'm using the Deviant 3 skin and this hook doesn't look that good on it could use some tweaking is all ;)

Unfortunately the best option I know of is to override the style in the hook. Can you give me an example of the hook in action and then I'll know which parts need changing.

Here's a side by side comparison Default IP. Board skin on the left and the Deviant 3 on the right side:

Sidebarpoll_zps7381d0cc.png

It looks sorta okay in the default skin but could be tweaked a bit too, ex. making the options table widther so the results fit better, instead of having it now fill the whole thing if you know what I mean. But the obvious bug I'm talking about it the buttons on the Deviant skin.

Edited by Cabola

• Management

The template bit you want to edit is in ACP > Look & Feel Tab > select skin > Board Index > sidebarPollWrapper. Because the hook pulls the poll straight from the topic templates, you really only have control over the wrapper as changes made to the poll template bit is made in the topics as well. For example change ipsPad to ips_half or make more space or even remove the wrapper itself. Everything is there but if you need specific instructions, let me know.