DevFuse Forums

(M34) Guest Message

Michael

Hi I was wondering how I could add a graphic background for this so that the login and registration buttons are still there? I added a graphic with html in the message area but the buttons displayed with the graphic under it. I would like the background image to show with the buttons in front of it. Thanks

Edited by stokedsys

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi.

I'd like to ask if it's allowed for me to modify the guest message a little by changing it's style? I'd like to wrap it with some CSS but cannot find any style sheet in the Look & Feel to do this.

Could someone kindly advise?

Thanks.

Hi.

I'd like to ask if it's allowed for me to modify the guest message a little by changing it's style? I'd like to wrap it with some CSS but cannot find any style sheet in the Look & Feel to do this.

Could someone kindly advise?

Thanks.

When adding modification you have to remember that it works under responsive. While it might look good in Desktop mode, it may not in tablet, or mobile mode.

Yea, I can't remember why I quit using Guest Message under IPB V4, but I started using the PHP & TXT widget for my Guest Welcome message. It looks like you are still on IPB V3. The Guest Message app works different when using IPB V4.

You can test the output on the fly just shrinking your browser sideways which will display all the responsive modes, and make it easier to edit.

I don't really like the look or functionality of IPS4. The first time IPB3 was released after IP.Board 2.3.6 I didn't like IPB3 either as it was just changing too much. Now the new versions don't even look like IPB at all anymore. Just looks like a knock-off of another forum software. :(

I thought IP.Board 2.3.x was the best versions (excluding the security deficiencies as 2.2/2.3.0/2.3.1 came through) especially liked 2.3.6.

• Management

No not really, was built using the standard css classes from IPB rather then using it's own style.

Yes, I just realised that when trying to check it out on my iPhone. :( Damnit!

Try rebuilding your skin cache to ensure it loads in the mobile skin as well.