DevFuse Forums

(M34) Donate Sidebar

Michael

Hi there, thanks for this. But I have a question. Should the graph auto update itself? As I just sent £5 through it and it didnt update till I manually adjusted it in the hook settings.

Cheers,

Nige

• Management

Hi there, thanks for this. But I have a question. Should the graph auto update itself? As I just sent £5 through it and it didnt update till I manually adjusted it in the hook settings.

No not with this hook Nige, it only allows donations no automatic tracking of donations.

• 5 months later...
  • Management

Can we limit this sidebar to a specific forum and it's topics? Also, can this track separate donation campaigns?

The hook itself displays in the sidebar, so it should be only displayed when viewing the board index. No, the donate sidebar hook doesn't support multiple goals/campaigns. The Donation Tracker application is the one that has more features for tracking donations.

• 1 month later...

Thank you for this free and useful mod.

If I can be so bold as to ask, is there a way for the donation screen to open up in a new tab instead of the main index when clicking "DONATE"?
You cannot middle click the button.

Also, a small thing, but when entering "0" to rather choose any number rather than a drop down list......the box still has a bunch of arbitrary pre-fulled numbers in it when you click on it. You can enter any number, but there are a few numbers that drop when selecting the empty box. Prefilled from......?

Lastly, I know a simple stlye change for anyone who knows IPB (not me yet) but how to I position the box at the bottom of the current boxes on the side, instead of at the top of the existing ones?

Many thanks!

• Management

If I can be so bold as to ask, is there a way for the donation screen to open up in a new tab instead of the main index when clicking "DONATE"?

You cannot middle click the button.

Also, a small thing, but when entering "0" to rather choose any number rather than a drop down list......the box still has a bunch of arbitrary pre-fulled numbers in it when you click on it. You can enter any number, but there are a few numbers that drop when selecting the empty box. Prefilled from......?

Lastly, I know a simple stlye change for anyone who knows IPB (not me yet) but how to I position the box at the bottom of the current boxes on the side, instead of at the top of the existing ones?

Many thanks!

Try changing the form code, if you open Admin CP > Look & Feel Tab > select skin > Board Index > hookDonateSidebar

Find:

<form action="<if test="sandboxURL:|:$this->settings['dsb_sandbox']">https://www.sandbox.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr<else />https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr</if>" method='post'>

Replace With:

<form action="<if test="sandboxURL:|:$this->settings['dsb_sandbox']">https://www.sandbox.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr<else />https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr</if>" method='post' target='_blank'>

Instead of entering 0, try clearing the field and saving as empty.

It's a little bit outdated but here is a guide on how to re-order hook positions.

Let me add that I installed the "hook.xml" but have not installed the "portal_block.xml" or "ipcontent_block.xml" as I am not sure if they get installed as separate hooks or not, and what they do exactly.

You'll only need to import the hook.xml file to install the sidebar hook. The other 2 xml files are for the Portal and IP.Content applications.

• 2 months later...
  • Management

Is there any possibility to change the progress bar color? If using css, where can I change this?

Sure, it's not tested but try this. Open ACP > Look & Feel Tab > Board Index > hookDonateSidebar

Find:

.progress_bar span {
                             height: 100% !important;
                        }

Replace With:

.progress_bar span {
                             height: 100% !important;
                             background: #243f5c !important;
                        }

Save. Replace #243f5c with the color you want.

One more question, Michael.

The progres bar is not refreshing automaticaly. I always have to refresh it from backend. Do I have to use a cron for this? Or something else?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers.

• Management

The progres bar is not refreshing automaticaly. I always have to refresh it from backend. Do I have to use a cron for this? Or something else?

That's not a feature in this hook. Hence the settings that you update the goal and donation amounts manually.