DevFuse Forums

Collections System Feedback & Suggestions

tomturd

Hi Micahel,

Great work on the collections system - mine is here http://www.trials-forum.co.uk/shed :)

A few suggestions,

• I have disabled modifications, but there are still references to it on the front end, can these be turned off too?
  • Not sure how the featured items bit works, but can we have an option to disable it (along with the random image?)
  • When adding a new item, it seems like you have to add an item *then* upload the images, could that be merged into one step?
  • Display rating and comments on thumbnail overlay (ala ip.gallery)
  • Sorting options for drop down custom fields
  • Global way of replacing locale text, maybe like ip.content. Item becomes Bike, Items becomes Bikes etc

And a last but fairly big ask, but I may as well.... I'd love to have a 'vote to comment' option. So in order to comment, the user must also rate the main image. The rating they have given is then displayed next to the comment. This would mean the mod could double up into a 'Rate My Image' mod.

:)

Edited by tomturd

• Management

Thanks for the suggestions, all have been noted and will be looked at next version. Just a few replies to your questions:

1. You've disabled both in settings and member group settings?

2. Not currently but if you open a support ticket, can put together some instructions to remove. I'll probably move random image to the sidebar (so doesn't look odd if only featured items is disabled) and add an option to disable featured items next version.

3. Probably not on the same page but how about it redirects to the add image form if no images are uploaded to the vehicle yet and adds some kind of message to the add image form? e.g. We've noticed you haven't uploaded an image yet, why not do so now?

I am using the system to list golfclubs. Guess it would work just as well for Soccer Fields and other sports activities.

- I think an option for GPS info linked to google maps would be cool. Either as an iFrame map or an external link.

- The list needs options to show and search custom fields, and rating (option: 'include in listing')

- Option to hide Owner info; forum admin could add all items, for members only to contribute info and images.

- Need a 'URL' option for custom field type to make URLs clickable

- And a VERY important one for me; On each item, a custom field for 'I own this/I've been here' (or whatever) so that users can mark this item as owned or place visited. These items owned or places visited can be listed alphabetically under user profile for others to see, and the count could be shown on the profile info next to the forum posts.

Edited by claust

• 2 months later...
  • Management

Any news on the 3.2 version, and are any of the suggestions making it into the new version ;-) ??

Working on it this week, I don't add major features in compatibility upgrades like this. Mostly so I don't get delayed testing new features.

ok, makes sense..

Upgraded on my 3.2, seems to work fine... Already have a couple of more suggestions :-) ;

- My users find it hard to find the 'add new item' link in the menu - would make more sense to place a Forum-like 'New' button at the top right like in IPB forums.

- The menu/statistics part seems a bit messy

- Text box fields tend to hold several lines of info. When listed under textfields the alignment is a bit messy. Ex: http://www.vildmedgolf.dk/index.php/collections/item/1-hedensted-golfklub/ Would be nice with an alignment on the left side.

Keep up the good work, am very pleased so far !!! :-)

• Management

You can find the bug tracker project for the Collections application here. The new tracker allows for "suggestions" as well, if possible I can include some of the smaller suggestions in the next bug fixing update. The bigger suggestions will need to be visited in a medium/major upgrade.

• 2 weeks later...