DevFuse Forums

IPS Marketplace Feedback

Michael

• Management

I wanted to get some feedback my customers and potential new customers regarding the new IPS Marketplace. Is it something that would make it easier for you when purchasing a mod? Would you still purchase from the site if my mods couldn't be listed on there?

Depending on the marketplace API that IPS will be providing, the marketplace may add more time to the checkout and support response times. Because I sell mods through a subscription basis and offer support through the ticket system, the way I sell and support mods may need to change in order to be compatible with the new IPS Marketplace.

The old system is being phased out by IPS and I won't be able to post paid mod listings with a redirection to my site. I get quite a bit of traffic from the paid listings on IPS, so doing nothing will likely result in fewer sales and less risky/adventurous mod ideas.

In the end this is all about you guys, the customer, how to make it easier for you to purchase mods and get quality support faster so any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Hi!

The way I find modifications etc. is through the Invision Power Board-site. I know there are other sites for IPB-mods, but it seems to me that most of the mods are added to the IPB-site and it just seems to be the most easy way to try and find interesting mods. So not being listed with your modifications on the IPB-site would not be ideal, since less people would know about them.

With that said, Im not sure what to think about the decision IPS made. Will they not allow the authors to link to their own marketplace solutions? How do you feel about it?

Personally I would continue to purchase directly from the authors own website.

Of course there is nothing to stop an author from offering a 10% discount on their own website, and perhaps increase the cost on the IPS website by 5% - this will encourage people to visit the authors website to get the discount.

This could be done via a coupon to encourage sales directly - whether the IPS market place allows the mentioning of a coupon in the description with a URL I do not know.

However I think it is a good idea, especially when they build it into the ACP.

I don't really care if mod authors sell mods on their own sites or on IPS. What matters to me, once paid, is getting the mod as fast as possible without having to wait for manual confirmation, emails etc.. :)

If I recall correctly, you use an automated system which is great and I remember having access to files immediatelly.