DevFuse Forums

Videos System Feedback

bnbn1382

Instead of having "Member Videos", it should show:

"Most viewed videos, Most rated videos, Highest rated videos, and Random videos".

ALSO: Should add new feature on Video System.

Instead of just being able to upload Videos, users can upload Pictures as well.

On another section of the forum, users can upload pictures, that just looks like Video System, BUT instead of videos user can only upload pictures.

I would like to purchase Video System, as well as the features I have asked :(

Am I too greedy?

Do we get free upgrades or how long does license last?

Edited by bnbn1382

• Management

"Most viewed videos, Most rated videos, Highest rated videos, and Random videos".

ALSO: Should add new feature on Video System.

Instead of just being able to upload Videos, users can upload Pictures as well.

On another section of the forum, users can upload pictures, that just looks like Video System, BUT instead of videos user can only upload pictures.

I would like to purchase Video System, as well as the features I have asked :(

Am I too greedy?

Do we get free upgrades or how long does license last?

Thanks for the suggestions, I've noted them for the next version. As the gallery already supports pictures, support for pictures is not likely however. Yes you get free upgrades and support for the length of your subscription, which is 12 months. You can choose to renew or not when that expires.

I've love to see those features as well "Most viewed videos, Most rated videos, Highest rated videos, and Random videos".also a what be nice is show who is viewing which video like a count system are something close to that..and the sidebar hook will be nice to see the votes show under each video.. then your video system will be the best ever with all those features so please consider to add those to next update.Thank You

I personally think Video System is more user friendly than IPS Gallery.

(If this is the gallery you are talking about)

Well at least for my new gaming site I am preparing, the set-up of video system looks more organized and easier to navigate.

The only disadvantage I see is

: Picture Information

: Sharing Image Links

But overall including price, etc. I really think it would be good to have it included on Video System or at least on a new modification.

Edited by bnbn1382

• 4 months later...

Hello.

I just installed the Video System 2.0.3 on my huge forum http://euro-rap.com/forum/ and it's really good.

But this is really what I miss:

Plus. I have a question. Is it possible for me to control the order of the blocks/sidebar on the right side of the forum (&portal) ?

Oh yea, It should also show in which categories the last videos were posted, in that sidebar.

Thanx!!

• Management

Plus. I have a question. Is it possible for me to control the order of the blocks/sidebar on the right side of the forum (&portal) ?

Oh yea, It should also show in which categories the last videos were posted, in that sidebar.

You can change the order from Admin CP > My Apps dropdown > Videos System > Manage Settings > Sidebar Hook Sort By?. Regarding your suggestion, sounds good and shouldn't be too hard to add. I've added it as a bug so it will be fixed next bug fixing version. Bug report here.

• Management

And, where do I change the YouTube code? I mean, I want the videos to have a different size. Where do I change that?

Actually I mean for the whole forum too...

If your using a media url you can change the media bbcodes replace code to make use of the "widescreen" aspect ratio. If you open your Admin CP > Look & Feel Tab > Manage Media BBCode > YouTube > Edit Media Tag.

Find and replace: (2 instances)

width="425" height="355"

Click the Edit Media Tag button. Depending on your screen resolution and skin the following dimensions might look better. You will need to edit the video again so the media url code can use the latest media bbcode. (This will be fixed next version so the Rebuild Tools can do this.)

width="640" height="385"

If your using a media url you can change the media bbcodes replace code to make use of the "widescreen" aspect ratio. If you open your Admin CP > Look & Feel Tab > Manage Media BBCode > YouTube > Edit Media Tag.

Find and replace: (2 instances)

width="425" height="355"

Click the Edit Media Tag button. Depending on your screen resolution and skin the following dimensions might look better. You will need to edit the video again so the media url code can use the latest media bbcode. (This will be fixed next version so the Rebuild Tools can do this.)

width="640" height="385"

Thanx!

It works now in the forum. But not in the Video System... Why?

• 3 weeks later...