DevFuse Forums

IPB 3.1 Donation Tracker v3

Michael

• Management

Had a bit of free time this Sunday so got the file and template setup for view all goals. View all donations and top donors can both use this template and should be both done tomorrow. I've added some filter options like you see in the Video System category view, so you'll be able to filter the goals or donations by ways other then just the date.

Thanks again for all the great work. :)

No problem, thanks for the feedback. :)

• Management

Just finished secondary group support in the promote member group function and the Manage Payment Gateways pages tonight. In regards to the Payment Gateways, Paypal will still likely be the only official one available but now it will be easier for owners to code their own gateways.

I'll be starting working on the "member rewards" area next week. It's pretty clear you guys want rewards to be given out based on the amount donated. E.G

0-24$ - Gets 100 points through points app

25-49$ - Gets 500 points through points app

50-100$ - Gets 1000 points through points app

I just need feedback on the other rewards that can be given to donors? I'm leaning towards a kind of "donation ranks" like the current member titles/ranks where donors get extra pips for the minimum donation amount. So when a members total donations reaches a certain level they get an extra pip. But looking for any suggestions.

Edit: Also looking at shifting the group promotions to the member rewards area so that the group and promotion time can be dependent on the amount donated as well. Coding wise this is complex and time consuming so not a definite feature just yet. ;)

Great news Michael. For the donation rewards part I would love it to be set at admin ability to set what amount gets rewards. For example I will be awarding members at these donation amounts:

$5

$10

$15

$25

$50

$100

And so on.

As far as award images as I talked with you about it before (not sure if your doing it this way and if not I was going to code it on after release) I want my members to be able to have an icon display next to their username within topic_bit along with as being able to be displayed next to their username on the board index on topics they posted in were it has By: Username (Icon) (Time of last post) area.

If you need some icons I actually have a full list of star icons my friend made for me awhile back that we use to use with donation tracker back in 2.3 with Dawpi's mod Icon Per Member.

Hopefully that was not to confusing lol.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Management

Any Updates?

No significant changes were made last week (not much free time due to IRL). I've planned work for the hooks/portals next week, so I'll be posting more details on that. e.g. topic view hooks, improved layout for the current status graph and top donors hook and also looking into a hook similar to the IP.Nexus to allow individual goals to be displayed in the sidebar.

Been a lot of negative feedback regarding the current sidebar hook, which to be honest looks ugly so I'm redesigning the hooks completely.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Management

Curious of it there are possibly some updates?

I'll have some more updates this week. Most of the work lately has been code improvements, not the most glamorous aspect of the update, so don't have any screenshots.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Management

Starting to worry about seeing this product update :P No offense.

None taken, I realize it doesn't inspire confidence with some other major mods being abandoned by there developers. I'll just point out that I've been working on the Donation Tracker for nearly 4 years now and I definitely plan on continuing to support it.

I have had some real life distractions that take me away from modding, I won't bore people with the details but just say that after driving 12 hours from midnight to midday, I don't have much free time left over. But I'll see about setting Wednesday aside just for Donation Tracker updates, starting this Wednesday. Also if need be, I'll finish the most popular new features first and then issue another upgrade after like how IPS did IPB3.0 / 3.1 and now 3.2.

• Management

First Wednesday update, got a few hours today free and got the member rewards area started (admin side). This is the area that will allow you to setup donation price points and rewards members based on donations amounts. More details on this previous post here.

Nice progress so far Michael. Have you looked into the subscriptions or adding subtractions and having a ending money pool? :D

More infomation about those can be found here

The basis of this idea is.

1) Tracker keeps track of Subscriptions.

2) Subscriptions are automatically added to the Monthly Goal

3) Have A Clan Balance System. Each Donation Adds to it, While a admin can add a Subtraction Manually.

• Management

Third Wednesday Update: Worked on the admin side of the Donation Tracker today, optimized a fair bit of the code. I'll also be working some more during the weekend, Saturday my time.

Nice progress so far Michael. Have you looked into the subscriptions or adding subtractions and having a ending money pool? :D

I haven't started work on the subscriptions part yet. Support for payment gateways is in place so I may need to work on a Paypal (subscriptions) gateway separately from Donation Tracker v3. Like IP.Subscriptions current Paypal gateway that supports Paypal's inbuilt subscription features.

• Management

I had a little free time on Sunday as well, so I'll update what I did over the weekend. Working on finishing the hooks, completed the top donors and latest donations hooks. Also starting to work on the Topic View and Profile View hooks. As I alluded above, I'm going to have to put some features aside for the next version so I can get this completed sooner in preparation for IPB 3.2.x. As this point, the most likely choice is the subscriptions feature, I will still try to include some type of reminder, so members can choice to be reminded to donate in a week, month etc...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I saw on Facebook that you were working on an upgrade for the Donation Tracker. I was wondering what exactly you were looking to do. Cause I have some questions about it, but don't want to ask first if you are going to answer some of my questions by posting what's going on in the update.

Thanks for your help!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Management

Just finished the view goal page today, not much has really changed here. Added share links and facebook like. Tomorrow working on finishing the hooks and ip.content block.

I saw on Facebook that you were working on an upgrade for the Donation Tracker. I was wondering what exactly you were looking to do. Cause I have some questions about it, but don't want to ask first if you are going to answer some of my questions by posting what's going on in the update.

It has been delayed but I'm working regularly on the Donation Tracker now and expect a solid beta/RC by the end of this month. In terms of features, I've pretty much have a finalized list.

• 4 weeks later...