DevFuse Forums

Video System With Flowplayer?

sefla

I would like to host my own videos rather than link them to youtube. I'm aware I would have to upload and link to the flv files on my server.

Products like Flowplayer integrate with Wordpress and also work standalone on my server.

Is it possible Flowplayer could be adapted to be the embed player for use in your video system?

Or, is there a playback method for any self-hosted flv files.

THANKS!

Thanks Michael.

Here's how they embed their code:

http://flowplayer.org/plugins/javascript/embed.html

That page basically shows an example of a plugin you can use with the player, but the example is the actual code to a working flv video.

If I had the ability to host both the player and the video file that would be huge. Flowplayer is ftp and go, and free.

I also think Flowplayer has ability to overlay html, text etc on their player. These custom feature you'll lose hosting files elsewhere.

Being all files could be hosted on our own servers we could certainly bypass any security - as I'm sure you already know.

Some files I'd rather not have on YouTube. I like exclusive.

Edited by sefla

• 2 weeks later...
  • Management

Will this be added soon?

The embed code of flowplayer will be supported next version but it won't support uploading of videos. The next version is a bug fixing version and due out in the next several days.