DevFuse Forums

IP.Board 3.1 Upgrade Status

Michael

• Management

This is just a topic to keep you updated on the status of IPB 3.1 mod upgrades. In a majority of cases, IPB3 mods are still usable and don't require any changes. When there are differences it's mainly file location changes. If you do have a problem with an IPB3 mod and use IPB 3.1 Beta 3 or later, please reply here.

Free Modifications: All free modifications have been upgraded and can be found =1&search_author=Michael"]here.

Paid Modifications: All paid modifications have been upgraded and can be found here.

• Management

all this 21 free mod are good for 3.1?

before i made the upgrade i have to de-activate all mods, made the upgrade, and after reactivate all mods?

Not officially but the bulk (85%+) of them will work fine with IPB3.1 without any changes. I'll still need to go through each one to confirm then mark them as ok to use. No shouldn't need to remove them before upgrading. IPB3.1 will see and recognize your existing IPB3.0 mods.

• Management

Sidebar Poll updated for IPB3.1 and also includes another bug fix. Contact System, Donation Tracker, Auto Birthday Greeter, Auto Anniversary Greeter, Dailymotion Media BBcode, Guest Message and Donate Sidebar have been updated for IPB3.1.

• Management

sorry michael, in 3 days i will do the upgrade.

but all this mod'upgrade.....we have to do AFTER the board upgrade? i'm right?

Yes, you'll upgrade after you've upgraded your board. Most mods will work fine without the need to upgrade, if you let me know the mods you have, I can tell you whether or not you'll need to upgrade them.

(e$30) Custom Sidebar Blocks

(DP30) Custom Pages *

Social Bookmarks *

Topic Notes

Links System

(SOS30) Contact Form

miniTutorials System

IP.Sitemap (IPBArab)

IP.Shoutbox

Bottombar *

(IM) Login Logs

IP.Board Member Map

Auto Welcome Members

(SOS30) Reputation Points

(SOS30) Testimonials

(T30) Moods

iArcade

(T30) Tickets System

Global Messages

mod with * i will remove

• Management

You'll have to check with the other mod authors for their mods, I'm not sure of the status but for my mods.

Topic Notes - Not tested yet but should work fine, won't need to re-install, just upgrade the board.

Auto Welcome Members - The file edits have changed on this. After you upgrade the board, you'll need to re-upload and re-apply the file edits.

Global Messages - Not tested yet but should work fine, won't need to re-install, just upgrade the board.

• Management

IPB3.1.0 users will get a fatal error when visiting the My Apps Admin CP page of some of my mods. This is due to a change in IPB 3.1.0 that was not mentioned to modders (or just myself, can't find any info on it). I'm finding out about it like every other customer when I downloaded IPB 3.1.0. Obviously this is a critical error and a fix is my top priority. I'll be posting updates here on my status of fixing it.

i have remove IP Shoutbox because dont work

p.s. Michael...you dont upgrade?

Will be soon, did the above post help you with your shoutbox issue.

IPB3.1.0 users will get a fatal error when visiting the My Apps Admin CP page of some of my mods. This is due to a change in IPB 3.1.0 that was not mentioned to modders (or just myself, can't find any info on it). I'm finding out about it like every other customer when I downloaded IPB 3.1.0. Obviously this is a critical error and a fix is my top priority. I'll be posting updates here on my status of fixing it.

Will be soon, did the above post help you with your shoutbox issue.

yes michael, thanks.

i dont want shoutbox in my forum ;)

hey Michael i just tested the latest Auto Welcome Members and when a user goes to activate there account from email it shows a blank screen... apache shows this error

[warn] mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined method IPSText::removeMacrosFromInput() in ././applications_addon/other/autowelcome/sources/welcome_members.php on line 305

• Management

hey Michael i just tested the latest Auto Welcome Members and when a user goes to activate there account from email it shows a blank screen... apache shows this error

[warn] mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined method IPSText::removeMacrosFromInput() in ././applications_addon/other/autowelcome/sources/welcome_members.php on line 305

Fixed but you'll need to re-download then re-upload. No need to install again.

Hi Michael,

Thank you for making these great mod!

I've got following apps on my site:

(M30) Topic Notes 1.0.0

News System v1.1.0

Do I have to reinstall them after upgrade IPB to 3.1.0?

and,

I don't understand what is this article for?

Do I have to manually move files?

Hi Michael,

(M30) Topic Notes 1.0.0

News System v1.1.0

and,

Just download the files here again - then upload them to your server. That's all - no reinstall needed for any I've done this on.

• Management

thanks for the info :) desperate for the (M30) Shoutbox Topic Alert 1.0.0 to be updated to get members of my case lol

Great work on the mods mate!

Same as above tho, Im desperate for the (M31) Shoutbox Topic Alert!

Will be working on all Shoutbox related mods tomorrow, some critical bugs I should have cleared soon.

Hi Michael,

(M30) Topic Notes 1.0.0

News System v1.1.0

and,

It varies from mod to mod but as Loren says you will most of the time only need to re-download then re-upload the files. The News System you will only need to re-upload the files again. The Topic Notes shouldn't require any changes, the existing hook you have installed should work fine.

And no you don't need to do that. Where those plugins are used in my mods, I've already upgraded them and the client centre has been updated with the fixes.

• Management

I've just updated the Shoutbox Topic Alert. I've included the new data hook file that should make it an edit free hook. When installing, use the new IPB3.1 readme file and re-import the hook again.

wooooooooooooo nice one Michael :) runs to grab it :P

EDIT : works perfect Michael, sweet job as always and major thanks :)

Will be working on all Shoutbox related mods tomorrow, some critical bugs I should have cleared soon.

Timezones confuse me cos i'm in scotland so to me tommorrow for you is today for me, or is it yesterday :wacko: :unsure:

Edited by planetby