DevFuse Forums

IPB3 Videos System v2.0.0 Update

Michael

• Management

The IPB3 Videos System has been upgraded to v2. This version was completely rewritten to take advantage of all the new improvements in IPB3 code. Many new features were added and all known bugs have been fixed. Some of the new major features include per category and per member group settings. Introduction of subcategories and ajax rating and favorite features.

You can view the latest features and screenshots here.

nice :) Shame customers do not get a discount on additional products ;)

Just a suggestion - on the Supported Media Sites popup - could the regex not be displayed - I think this will confuse the hell out of members.

Perhaps instead an example URL for each option.

NICE!

Upgrade went really smooth, just sit back and watch the magic!

Actually I have to edit the post:

Shoutbox was scrolling this :

<b>Warning</b>: explode() [<a href="http://www.michiganpets.net/shoutbox/function.explode">function.explode</a>]: Empty delimiter in <b>/home/xxxxxxxxxx/public_html/michiganpets/admin/applications_addon/other/communityseo/sources/functions.php</b> on line <b>1570</b>

<b>Warning</b>: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in <b>/home/xxxxxxxx/public_html/michiganpets/admin/applications_addon/other/communityseo/sources/functions.php</b> on line <b>1606</b>

<b>Warning</b>: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/xxxxxxx/public_html/michiganpets/admin/applications_addon/other/communityseo/sources/functions.php:1570) in <b>/home/xxxxxx/public_html/michiganpets/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php</b> on line <b>93</b>

<b>Warning</b>: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/xxxxx/public_html/michiganpets/admin/applications_addon/other/communityseo/sources/functions.php:1570) in <b>/home/xxxxx/public_html/michiganpets/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php</b> on line <b>96</b>

<b>Warning</b>: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/xxxxxx/public_html/michiganpets/admin/applications_addon/other/communityseo/sources/functions.php:1570) in <b>/home/xxxxxx/public_html/michiganpets/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php</b> on line <b>104</b>

<b>Warning</b>: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/xxxxxxxx/public_html/michiganpets/admin/applications_addon/other/communityseo/sources/functions.php:1570) in <b>/home/xxxxx/public_html/michiganpets/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php</b> on line <b>105</b>

<b>Warning</b>: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/xxxxxxx/public_html/michiganpets/admin/applications_addon/other/communityseo/sources/functions.php:1570) in <b>/home/xxxxxx/public_html/michiganpets/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php</b> on line <b>109</b>

There was more, all garbled up in the shoutbox I didnt include it.....

Using shoutbox 1.1.2

and communityseo

I had to deactivate Video System 2.0 and communityseo, and I uninstalled shoutbox for now.

Edited by spagman

• Management

As it's so soon after release I've added this bug fix to the current version straight away. To patch, re-download again from client centre and re-upload the admin/applications_addon/other/videos/extensions/coreExtensions.php file again.

nice :) Shame customers do not get a discount on additional products ;)

Just a suggestion - on the Supported Media Sites popup - could the regex not be displayed - I think this will confuse the hell out of members.

Perhaps instead an example URL for each option.

This data is pulled from media bbcode database itself. If you want can provide you with a few template edits to replace it with an example url you would prefill yourself. Taking into account the many different bbcodes something like this is only possible on a per forum basis.

• Management

look 3-4 posts up...I had to edit my post..

That's a problem with communityseo. Specially the admin/applications_addon/other/communityseo/sources/functions.php file. If you still have a support license with communityseo, would recommend opening a support ticket with them. Can you send me lines 1550-1650 of that file? I can take a look. That might not work, I believe they encode there work.

Have you tried different combination like only the videos and shoutbox installed or only the shoutbox and communityseo installed? The videos system being installed might of refreshed something to trigger the error but judging by the error, none of the error code relates to the videos system.

• Management

I had communityseo , shoutbox and older version of video system all working fine,

I will re-install shoutbox and enable communityseo to see what happens.

Mind sending me a PM with your Admin CP login details so can take a closer look?

There was more, all garbled up in the shoutbox I didnt include it.....

Using shoutbox 1.1.2

and communityseo

I had to deactivate Video System 2.0 and communityseo, and I uninstalled shoutbox for now.

I had to hide the shoutbox from the video pages as it was overlaying the video pages.

This is a shame, but more likely to be an issue with the shoutbox than videos as I have had this with other apps.

(my shoutbox is in the footer if that makes a difference)

This data is pulled from media bbcode database itself. If you want can provide you with a few template edits to replace it with an example url you would prefill yourself. Taking into account the many different bbcodes something like this is only possible on a per forum basis.

That would be appreciated - my users are a bit thick at times - but then as an admin it is my responsibility to make my site as clear as possible in all aspects - I can't blame them :)

• Management

I had to hide the shoutbox from the video pages as it was overlaying the video pages.

This is a shame, but more likely to be an issue with the shoutbox than videos as I have had this with other apps.

(my shoutbox is in the footer if that makes a difference)

That would be appreciated - my users are a bit thick at times - but then as an admin it is my responsibility to make my site as clear as possible in all aspects - I can't blame them :)

Yeah bit of a conflict between shoutbox and communityseo mod. Videos install must of rebuilt the furl files.

Just sent you a PM ;)

Some important questions:

1. How to add full description (<#FULL_DESC#>) to forum topic ? (you promised to add it in v.2.0 :wink: )

And where can I find a full list of tags for Topic Creation Template ?

2. Very unpleasant error whith topic formatting: http://www.devfuse.com/forums/tracker/issue-186-video-info-is-posted-unformatted-in-forum/

3. How to change format video from 4:3 to 16:9 ?

Most of youtube videos are in 16:9 HD, and users usually leave a site and go to youtube ;)

Edited by Demeter

• Management

Some important questions:

1. How to add full description (<#FULL_DESC#>) to forum topic ? (you promised to add it in v.2.0 :wink: )

And where can I find a full list of tags for Topic Creation Template ?

2. Very unpleasant error whith topic formatting: http://www.devfuse.com/forums/tracker/issue-186-video-info-is-posted-unformatted-in-forum/

3. How to change format video from 4:3 to 16:9 ?

Most of youtube videos are in 16:9 HD, and users usually leave a site and go to youtube ;)

1. Yes do remember that, will be fixed in v2.0.1, bug report here: http://www.devfuse.com/forums/index.php?app=tracker&showissue=196

2. Bug report still in progress. Once fix is found, I'll add a manual fix for those who can't wait until v2.0.1.

3. Users who use embed codes can add a HD embed I believe. If using the media url the youtube media bbcode will need to be altered.

By the way, for those interested v2.0.1 is planned later this week/early next week. Keep those bug reports coming so everything can be fixed in v2.0.1.

Hey Michael, didnt' find elsewhere to post this, but I have a suggestion for Video System: bulk moderation on category view.

A user posted 10 videos and 8 of them was removed from Youtube. I had to enter one by one and remove it. A bulk moderation on category view (checkbox) would be much better and faster.

Tks. :thumbsup:

• Management

If anyone who has had problems with downloading the youtube thumbnails can contact me. I'm work on an alternative function that falls back on curl if the hosts doesn't support file_get_contents. I want to test this on a few severs before adding to v2.0.1

• Management

Just do some final testing on v2.0.1. All known bugs should be fixed here. I should have v2.0.1 out over the weekend.

Yeap, now it works on my board 'cause my host enabled file_get_contents. :ahappy:

I can make some tests if you need help.

• 1 month later...

After upgrading to 2.0.1, I see that we have thumbnail images for videos but the old videos are still without thumbs...

What do i need to do to import or create thumbs for those vidoes?

Is there a tool for it in the system? or ????

Thanks

Edited by media