DevFuse Forums

Donation Tracker Subscriptions

xcalibur

Can you do paypal subscriptions with this?

I do donations / subscriptions with my website, but I have to build all the subscriptions in paypal, then post them in forums which don't look all that great.

Can your product add subscriptions onto things? People can sign up to them and have money taken out per month without having to donate every month.

Most of my clan runs on subscriptions while donations are just from random people.

I'm also looking for a way to keep track of all donations/subscriptions and monthly costs in a nice program, Right now I'm manually editing a post that shows, we have X income with Y monthly costs, with Z subscribers.

Kinda hard to manually keep updating. Wish this program could do all that, If so Ill buy it right now.

Edited by xcalibur

• Management

Alright. I will purchase this when you get that done.

I also hope you add a form of how much money your getting vs how much your spending.

With that added support for subscriptions, it will be well worth it for me to buy.

Thanks for your work Machael.

It displays donations and you can add goals, but not quite sure what you mean by "form of how much money your getting vs how much your spending", like a status bar?

My idea is having your area say

Donation Goal - 200

Current Donations: 140

Clan Costs: $50/month

Current Subscriptions Income: $87/Month

My current Forum Post I have to Update, This doesn't include general Donations.

Costs:

Website - $?.??

Ventrilo - $2

16 Player Tf2 Server - $16

32 Player TF2 Server - $32

Total - $50.00/Month

Clan Purchases:

Invision Power Support 6 months

Invision Downloads

Invision Gallery

Wanted List:

IP.Gallery 3 - $64.99

Dedicated Server Box - $?

Subscriptions:

??? ($10/Month)

??? ($20/Month)

??? ($10/Month)

??? ($5/Month)

??? ($10.00/Month)

??? ($5.00/Month)

??? ($5.00/Month)

Total - $65.00/Month

$ Pool Leftovers:

$87

Edited by xcalibur

Also, Can you build a way of getting users to set their own price for the subscriptions.

Right now I only have 5 and 10 dollar subscription buttons, but some want to donate 20, or 50 a month.

Also add a way for people to cancel the donations, which paypal has a button you can add to do that.

Also, Is there a way to keep track of balance? On the donator page, have a Balance Page.

like this:

Sept 15 - Subscription from Rex + $10/Month - Clan Balance: $50 - These would be added when someone donators.

Sept 16 - Donation From James + $10 - Clan Balance: $60 - These would be added when someone subscribes.

Sept 17 - Purchase from [FeC] - $30 - Clan Balance: $30 - These can be manually added by admin.

Oct 15 - Renew Subscription from Red + $10/Month -Clan Balance: $40 - These would be added as a renewal if not canceled before.

If that idea is too much, its ok. Would be nice :)

• Management

Also, Can you build a way of getting users to set their own price for the subscriptions.

Right now I only have 5 and 10 dollar subscription buttons, but some want to donate 20, or 50 a month.

Also add a way for people to cancel the donations, which paypal has a button you can add to do that.

If Paypal supports it, should be able to include it.

Also, Is there a way to keep track of balance? On the donator page, have a Balance Page.

like this:

Sept 15 - Subscription from Rex + $10/Month - Clan Balance: $50 - These would be added when someone donators.

Sept 16 - Donation From James + $10 - Clan Balance: $60 - These would be added when someone subscribes.

Sept 17 - Purchase from [FeC] - $30 - Clan Balance: $30 - These can be manually added by admin.

Oct 15 - Renew Subscription from Red + $10/Month -Clan Balance: $40 - These would be added as a renewal if not canceled before.

If that idea is too much, its ok. Would be nice :)

Not sure if will be able to add it next version but good idea and will look into it.

• 3 months later...

Well I got some things updated on my site to handle subscriptions better, but no where near as good as your donation tracker.

I do hope you can update it to allow subscriptions, and having those subscriptions automatically enter into a Forum Group much like the donations.

Thanks

I made 2 pictures to show a some of my ideas. Only one I'm missing is the balance tracking per donate/subscribe which would be shown to certain groups only.

I'm not very good at photoshop so don't flame :P. These are just picture suggestions to the topics/posts above..