DevFuse Forums

Firefox 4

Michael

I haven't seen it but if it is as slow loading as 3.5 i don't think I will bother. once firefox loads its fine. It still crashes on me but not as much as the 3.4 did but it is very slow in opening. I did find out thats because it checks all the files on your computer system prior to opening. I don't care for that much.

I did find out thats because it checks all the files on your computer system prior to opening. I don't care for that much.

where did you see this info at? because I have way over 20,000 files on just my C drive not to mention my other 3 HHDs and it takes about 2-3 secs for FF to open/load for me, try setting FF to open without a homepage and see if that helps ya out speed wise, also having a lot of temporary internet files saved will slow the opening of a browser down so remember to clear them on a regular basis

i have to remember to clear out my temporary files I always forget to do that and I did notice when I clean those out firefox loads faster. don't remember exactly but I did a google search about the slow speed and I think it might have been during that search.