DevFuse Forums

Paid Modifications

Michael

I am going to be honest here, so far, from the mods that i have purchased from you, in fair, they were worth the price you put them out for and i appreciate your hardwork that you put towards making them. :cool:

The only thing i dislike is the licensing part you created, i think that if you buy the mod, it should be there for a lifetime with free updates (if you make any).

Edited by Nevo

• Management

The only thing i dislike is the licensing part you created, i think that if you buy the mod, it should be there for a lifetime with free updates (if you make any).

That's something I'm considering. One of the reasons why I extended the original 6 month subscription to 12 months without changing the price. Although downloading could be extended, support is unlikely to be as I really can't offer good lifetime support without subscription renewals.

That's something I'm considering. One of the reasons why I extended the original 6 month subscription to 12 months without changing the price. Although downloading could be extended, support is unlikely to be as I really can't offer good lifetime support without subscription renewals.

I agree, i think updates should always be there however support should be another thing. Perhaps a license for support for any of your mods. That way, you can get people to buy the support if they need it and if they dont want it, they can just enjoy the mod they bought and all the newer versions. For those that will want your help, they can buy the license and you can help them aslong as its valid. I think that will be extremely fair and simple to manage instead of worrying about licenses per product and renewing them and whatnot. :wink:

Let me just say that the donation tracker mod is simply unbelieveable!

At my site, it paid itself off 7 times on the first year alone (and I'd never accepted donations before on my site).

Let me join your Loving The Donation Tracker bandwagon. Been using donations for my clan for years and although we can't use Paypal, it already proven to be very helpful in automatically doing the calculations of collected funds. Before I bought it, I had to calculate manually, now, with the specific goals (categories) and payment system (I use the offline payment system as a confirmation of money sent to our clan bank account) it pretty much does everything by itself.

Keep up the good work Michael and don't listen to people demanding free mods. I would love them too but, as someone already posted, nothing in life is really free, especially quality products. So if I have to pay 20, 30, 35 or even 40$ for a great mod, so be it!