30 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be upgrading to IPB3?

• Yes - straight away
    • Yes - 3.0.1 or later
    • No - waiting for 3.1 or later
    • No - never
    • Other - please explain

• Management

Just wanted to get some feedback on the number of people upgrading to IPB3. Will be very useful in deciding how long should I support IPB2.3, should mods still be made for IPB2.3 after IPB3 and so on..

So speak up now guys, right now the plan is to support IPB2.3 for a few months after IPB3 final but if more people are going to stick with IPB2.3, I might have to reconsider that.

Hi,

I will not upgrade to IPB3 until a long time (maybe IPB 3.2 or 3.3). I will keep the 2.3.x as it is a stable and mature product which is never the case of new "big" upgrades of products. There will be bugs and securities issues which is not really good :P

:D

;)

I voted for other, i wont be upgrading until every mod i have and use now is upgraded for IPB3 :) most of time i will have to wait for tera to upgrade couse i have so many his mods... hehe...

Edited by GaVrA

I voted no never as I am amazed at ipb changing the structure and language so much that even simple existing mods cant be used .

Seems like all the modders who are keeping their boards alive are getting kicked in the teeth as they are stealing

all their ideas and incorporating it as their own

Shame IPB

lol... youve got it wrong... main difference is dropping php 4, so now for ipb3 you need php5 which brings a lot of stuff. i think everywhere i read that modders are happy about that hooks (or whats it called) system which will make modding much easyer.

so i do belive that ipb 3 will be much much better and easyer to manipulate then ipb2.3.x

I'm hoping not to have to do to many upgrades until at least v3.1, since I figure by then most of the commonly used mods will have been updated so I don't have to go back later and add mods to those sites a week or 2 later for free cause I was already paid to do the update ;)

(MPFF) Website Solutions will not be upgrading to 3.0 as a final version has not been released but we will be supporting/creating products for the version of IPB if anyone wishes to be kept upto date on what up coming modifications (MPFF)'s Development team has in store for you all then please dont hesitate to contact us via private message

I'll be upgrading about two weeks after the final is released. This delay will allow for the last-minute bugs in the upgrade procedure are ironed out. I have returned my board to vanilla 2.3.6. I have reduced the max number of PMs to accommodate the PM/PC conversion.

The first mod I will incorporate is Michael's Delete Old Topics which I was using since it was available here (pre Dev Fuse). Since my board is still a discussion board, I will not make use of the Reputation system and other amenities that move the board toward a Facebook system.

The only part that I have been unable to test so far (need RC1) is the use of private custom fields at registration time. They do not get displayed currently.

Any other mods I will use will only be of benefit to me such as tasks that I routinely do. I used to use the one that performed an optimization on the database (monthly). I also will look for a mod/task that purges old members who haven't logged on in a year.

I'm waiting for further versions like 3.2x or 3.1x because 3.0x will have a lot of bugs in it I think. And I will wait till all the mods that I have are upgraded to IPB3

• 4 weeks later...
  • Management
Probably gonna upgrade after all the bugs are fixed.

Also, will you still support the 2.3.X mods?

Yes I plan on supporting free and paid IPB 2.3.x mods for at least 2-3 months, that of course will change if demand for IPB 2.3 is still strong and people are moving slowly to IPB3. Could then be revised up to 6 months+. I'm just writing up an upgrade policy now and will post within the next few days, just to get feedback from customers/members.

But nothing is set it stone right now, if IPB3 takeup is going to be slow, I'll be supporting IPB2.3 customers until it picks up.

This is kind of a cart or horse issue (if you know that one).

I will upgrade to 3.x when the donation mod is there and most likely the Garage mod too.

If they are not ready then it does not make sense to upgrade to 3.0 - if I did I would lose functionality (and donations!).

Thanks.

Edited by Loren

• Management
I was going to upgrade to 3.0,but started fresh and getting a custom skin made by Garcia for it in the coming weeks ;)

Did you catch his IPB3 skin competition entry before he took it down? Was amazing, good chance of winning I think.